Fairway Market (New York) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fairway Market (New York) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online but no one got back to me. I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring and they were. The man I spoke to told me to come back the next day for an interview. I came back the next day and the lady who does the interview was on vacation and I was told to come back on Monday. I came back on Monday and signed in and waited about two hours for an interview.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

After waiting more than 30 minutes, they sent a jr rep as the VP I was to see was overbooked. She read off a list while staring at her phone. Flabbergasted

Interview Questions

• I asked about the company's solvency and she reacted less than professional   1 Answer

Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairway Market (New York) (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Great the interviewer was the manager of ecommerce, she spoke to me about all sorts of things she reviewed the position and was very nice and thorough. Usually in a interview they are uninterested and rushing you through she didnt do that and there were 2 other people waiting. i filled out forms after the interview she explained what was next without me asking her, i filled out the online info that night, but it still took almost 2 weeks for me to get called to start work. The HR person was odd and unprofessional. She keep asking me questions as if the person who hired me did not know what she was doing. Other than than great experience! Best interview I have ever had!!!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fairway Market (New York).

Interview

Very easy. Brought me into the office and asked me a couple questions. Interviewed with the general manager. Explained what the job was and the expectations. Very simple. Offered me the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Pelham Manor, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairway Market (New York) (Pelham Manor, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday, visited the store Tuesday and the hiring manager called me thursday for an interview. During the interview they asked me routine questions. Where did I hear about the job? Why do I want to apply? How would I respond to a disgruntled customer? An exciting question was, if I was a fruit or vegetable what would I be and why? I felt very confident about the position and my interviewer. He was very nice and he gave me ample details about the position and he even recommended me for a different position once hired. This company has a union after 6 months of employment. I love the store and look forward to working there soon!

Interview Questions

• What would I do if another associate and I was handling tasks but the other associate was not pulling their weight.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fairway Market (New York) (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

it was very good. I just couldn't take the offer because they did not want to pay me enough money. if they was to pay me at least 12per hour then I would have took it but they only wanted to pay me 10per hour.

Interview Questions

• why do I want to leave fairway?   1 Answer

Front-end Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douglaston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairway Market (New York) (Douglaston, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was was a fairly relaxed interview. You walk in to the office and answer all their questions. Answer your questions with confidence and show your interest in the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were to be a fruit or vegetable, what would you be? and why?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairway Market (New York).

Interview

I applied online for a cashier job at their Nanuet location before that store's opening. Interview took place at a hotel with dozens of other candidates. It was a very easy interview; I got the feeling that they would have hired me regardless of what I actually said and that the interview was just a formality.

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fairway Market (New York) (Bronx, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a job fair. Hired in the spot part time. 11 an hour maybe full time hours I don't see myself staying with the company long. I already know I'm gonna be so miserable there but hey it's a income right

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude employe.

Very easy questions a monkey could get the job lol. Whole foods pay their supervisors 14 like a 11 really. They lucky I really needed a job.   Answer Question

Production Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairway Market (New York) (Bronx, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very very easy ... If you can cook you got it.. If you can be on time you got the job.......if you can work overtime & cut vegetables & fruits