Family Dollar Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

1.8

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in May 2017.

Interview

I went in asked for a manager, an associate guided me to the back of the building in a warehouse setting. I interviewed directly with the District Manager. I felt like I was in a shark tank. It was ok, felt uneasy and a bit unwelcomed. He said someone will call me but I don't think that is gonna happen. He did ask me if I wanted to be a CSR if not a manager I said yes but was bit disappointed seeing as my qualifications and education level is above CSR standards yet alone assistant manager but in the end it's a race game. People look at your race regardless in Charlotte, NC. I just happen to look hispanic being interviewed by a African American man.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy and friendly process! Interview with store manager on Thursday drug test immediately after interview. He called to update me on Friday, Saturday and Tuesday (Easter weekend) Wednesday I was informed I'd had an interview with DM over the phone. Thursday the DM called me, she was very friendly and told me a lot of the company. 30 minutes after phone that I went into the store, was made an offer which I did have to negotiate but we settled on what I wanted. It was an all around easy and great process! All questions were basic retail management questions.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Extremely easy, did it through a recruiting agency. The interviewer didn't really too much about what I had to say, just my availability. It was more of a conversation just chilling. Extremely easy.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Lynchburg, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Lasted about 15 minutes. Few questions asked. They're just looking for bodies to fill positions because the jobs are awful and no one stays there long. 6 months to a year is the average

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Filled our online Application, conducted a phone interview, scheduled and taken a 1-1 interview, consent to drug testing, received paperwork to complete the drug screen,consent to background check. Once all is completed they give you a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you or have you ever worked for a non-profit?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

A joke if they like you your in. They base soley on personality most times. Some experience helps. Its mostly them talking to you to get to know you. Alot of times they drug test on the spot and as soon as the background check comes back you start

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Springs, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Cedar Springs, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

It was fine, they ask all the banal questions that every company asks. Do you agree or strongly disagree. Blah, blah, blah... My interview was rather stilted. I guess they just needed someone, then I got hired and demoted before I was trained properly and given a chance to shine. I hope this was enough words to finally post this and save someone else from wasting their time!

Interview Questions

• Did you have management experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Leland, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Leland, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

4 interviews, each about a week apart. 1st one with the DM when they had a mini job fair. After I had applied online, then sent me 15 miles away to have one with a training managers & then another with a district manager, she sent me to the SM at the store she wanted me to work in. Once she accepted me then they made an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Hammond, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

Talk to the store manager. He/she will ask you questions abut your past experiences working with different companies. They tell you what the job entails and what you will be doing if you get the position. In my opinion, if they call you in for an interview, you have the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in stock before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Decatur, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I waited approximately two weeks following my initial inquiry for employment. Later I was prepped for the interview by the Store Manager at the store I would soon work at. I was interviewed by the District Manager and transferred to two different stores following employment. I did pretty well on the interview and got the position. However, once placed to my second store for training, I was demoted to a Customer Representative because I didn't have a vehicle. Management assumed I had a car. The district manager should have told me about the requirement of having a vehicle in order to perform the essential functions of an Assistant Manager prior to receiving training and pay.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself?
      Q: What can you tell me about freight?   Answer Question