Family Dollar Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy and friendly process! Interview with store manager on Thursday drug test immediately after interview. He called to update me on Friday, Saturday and Tuesday (Easter weekend) Wednesday I was informed I'd had an interview with DM over the phone. Thursday the DM called me, she was very friendly and told me a lot of the company. 30 minutes after phone that I went into the store, was made an offer which I did have to negotiate but we settled on what I wanted. It was an all around easy and great process! All questions were basic retail management questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Extremely easy, did it through a recruiting agency. The interviewer didn't really too much about what I had to say, just my availability. It was more of a conversation just chilling. Extremely easy.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Filled our online Application, conducted a phone interview, scheduled and taken a 1-1 interview, consent to drug testing, received paperwork to complete the drug screen,consent to background check. Once all is completed they give you a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you or have you ever worked for a non-profit?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

A joke if they like you your in. They base soley on personality most times. Some experience helps. Its mostly them talking to you to get to know you. Alot of times they drug test on the spot and as soon as the background check comes back you start

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Springs, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Cedar Springs, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

It was fine, they ask all the banal questions that every company asks. Do you agree or strongly disagree. Blah, blah, blah... My interview was rather stilted. I guess they just needed someone, then I got hired and demoted before I was trained properly and given a chance to shine. I hope this was enough words to finally post this and save someone else from wasting their time!

Interview Questions

• Did you have management experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Hammond, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

Talk to the store manager. He/she will ask you questions abut your past experiences working with different companies. They tell you what the job entails and what you will be doing if you get the position. In my opinion, if they call you in for an interview, you have the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in stock before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Decatur, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I waited approximately two weeks following my initial inquiry for employment. Later I was prepped for the interview by the Store Manager at the store I would soon work at. I was interviewed by the District Manager and transferred to two different stores following employment. I did pretty well on the interview and got the position. However, once placed to my second store for training, I was demoted to a Customer Representative because I didn't have a vehicle. Management assumed I had a car. The district manager should have told me about the requirement of having a vehicle in order to perform the essential functions of an Assistant Manager prior to receiving training and pay.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself?
      Q: What can you tell me about freight?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

Test,Questions,talking to me, show me how things operate,walk through store,meeting bosses,paperwork,things on computer,drug test,background check,more paper work,met some of the workers , how they unload trucks, how to operate computer. Etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you run cash register,public,training etc   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Kissimmee, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application and in like about 2 weeks maybe less I received a phone call for interview. I went to the interview the same day as the phone call. At the interview the store manager just sat down and explained the position duties, responsibilities and expectations

Interview Questions

• You think you can handle this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McIntosh, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (McIntosh, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interview by the manager briefly about the duties and the run of the store. The whole time she was watching the store and she had a cashier in training. I gave the manager a detailed description of my experience and I told her I would be available for work immediately. I also made her aware that I live in McIntosh only 10 miles away.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had any retail experience.   1 Answer