Family Dollar Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Ft. Lauderdale store. Applied in-store on their terminal, there was no manager or assistant manager around.. Got called 2 days later, interview scheduled for Saturday. I arrive, again no manager. Employee calls her and says it's rescheduled for Wednesday. I arrive, store closed for repairs. What a big, fat waste of time an effort. The store itself seemed badly run, with employees loitering and texting. Management was non existant and apparently has questionable work and customer satisfaction ethics.

Interview Questions

• There was no question, as there was nobody there at both dates.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bradford, VT) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was nice. Was with the Store Manager. Pretty much went over the role, my work experience and availability. We then discussed the rest of the process and took a tour of the store as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Laid back, manager was constantly distracted. They sell you dreams about moving up quick but if a position opens they outsource. I don't recommend completely unsafe! Robbed everyday, need security

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

The interview was very positive and motivating, store manager and district manager were considerate and caring about who I was and my desire to work with them and accomplish a good work experience

Interview Questions

• what I liked about my last employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

It only took 2 days to get a call back being as though I already had managerial experience. I got called into an interview with the store manager that same day and then with the district manager two days later and was asked to go and take a drug screening within the next couple of days. I passed and then I started my 2 week training the next 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

First do an On line application at family dollar web site. Get a call back, then get an Interview with MGR 1st, get another call back, then interview with AOM by phone or in person, submit a drug test, submit to a background check. No felonies allowed.

Interview Questions

• How much management experience?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I loved the interview with the manager she was down to earth. She was knowledgeable and professional. I can't wait to get the opportunity to work with her and the other family Dollar family. I didn't think I was going to take a drug test that day so I didn't have to go. So I walked around the store until I did.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current job to work for family Dollar?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Rocky Mount, NC).

Interview

It was short and to the point. Wanted to know about past jobs how you felt about shrink.Can you handle all the requirements of the job and the physical aspects of the job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

There was not an interview. I was amazed. I applied and spoke with the manager about 10 minutes. I was given an interview date and time. I showed up for the interview and went straight into new hire procedures.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview process began with the first interview.
    My first interview was with the training manager, He was nice and polite even though he was very busy we spoke about my experience and of course my concerns etc. the interview lasted about 30 mins and at the end he let me know i had passed the first interview and he would be informing the district manager that he wanted to push me to the second interview.
    My second interview was the following week on a Monday which is there truck day, so again they were very busy. They were running a little off schedule because there were multiple interviews cramped together, (which made me nervous) When it was my turn I shook off my nerves and began my interview with the two district managers whom were present, It went by nice and easy we spoke about my experience again and my salary I was asking they gave my a little insider on what I would be doing if hired and we even spoke about our pets lol. Mostly every other person had atleast 15 years of management experience, to my 2 years but I was excited to get my call and here they were offering more then my desired salary.. needless to say i'm excited