Family Dollar Stores Cashier Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.7

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Miami, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

3 easy questions was do I have any experience? What would I do with an angry customer? When will I be available? It was a very simple and easy process. Got a phone call to start that Monday

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fresno, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a very brief process it only took 15-18 min.However, I was only asked 3 questions and I was hired right on the spot I just had to submit a drug test and they had to do a background check I believe.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job experience?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your other job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be Confident, Be You, And just tell them about your work and how it could help benefit the company and help them grow. Basically, tell them in a truthful manner what they want to hear.Lastly, If your serious about your job do a follow up every other day just to check up on your status.

Cashier/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Martinsville, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy and quick. Asked me the basis questions. The hiring manager who was also the store manager was very nice. I basically got the job in a week. Expereience wasnt much difderent than anyother interview, it was just easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a problematic situation that you were calm and resolved in a nice manner?   Answer Question

Associate (Cashier) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2014.

Interview

First you have to go on-line to do your app. They are pretty progressive as far as being paperless. They do a background check. I personally had to stay committed to keeping my name as a familiar. It took over 3 weeks before any actions were taken. After a drug screening and interview in a make shift office I was hired. That process was over a month long.

Interview Questions

• Not so much as a question but a statement to the effects of ...."DON'T STEAL" !!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

Very quick, signed papers as they were interviewing me. They also drug tested me that day as well. Very relaxing and it was one of the only interviews I was not extremely nervous at. I no longer work for the company after finding a better paying job, but it remains one of my fave places to work.

Interview Questions

• is it ok to take things home from work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Elyria, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Becky is amazing, She got me in earlier for my drug test on the 11th of this month, i was hired in that very day. I started on Monday on the 12th. All my co workers are wow, just amazing, and fun people to work with. The original i forgot when? I think it was week before the 11th. I had my background ran after the holidays, a day after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• How would i if hired handle a customer that is out of control?   1 Answer

Associate (Cashier) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I applied to Family Dollar through their website. A couple of weeks later, I received a call asking me to go the store for an interview. It wasn't much of an interview, but instead I was told what the company was about, and how difficult the job was going to be. Also, most of the time was spent on discussing the drug screen.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous job? (The only question I was asked.)   Answer Question

I was told I would only work from 8-20 hours a week.