Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Detroit, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Process takes about a week all altogether. Apply online, after putting in application, call the location you applied for to get the process started. After calling, they should tell you the status of your application and may tell you to come in for an interview. The longest part of the process is your background check and drug test, (which are required for employment). After passing background check and drug test, watch for a email that says something about bringing in social security card and Id to start date. After this, you are officially employed to my knowledge.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Very brief not much of an interview as long as you have two legs that can walk your hired. They are very desperate so if you are in need of a job quick this is the place to go.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Ann, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Saint Ann, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Telling me about the job asking when am I able to start my availability. I knew I was hired once I was asked to take a drug test and if I could start the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Irvington, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Irvington, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Came in appropriate and well dressed and told them my skills and fast ability to learn and I also use to volunteer work there before I got hired and really enjoyed being apart of the family dollar team.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2016.

Interview

Took several weeks after I applied to be brought in for interview. They will basically hire anyone who can pass a background and drug test (they do at site during interview).

Interview Questions

• If I could work holidays and weekends.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2017.

Interview

I made an appointment via phone with the store manager for the initial interview. I came in at the scheduled time and he was runing register, which he continued to do during the entire 40 minutes. He did all of the talking. Explained the job details several times, kept repeating himself. I said a total of 23 words (yes i counted). He mostly spoke of himself and how he saved the store. The questions i was asked were, do you think you can recover and count money? Is your availability still open?

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can recover like that?   1 Answer
    • Can you count money?   1 Answer
    • Is your availability still open?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

At that time i think it went very well. I gave I contact .I was very promt answer my question . i didnt where bright color,I ask unform when did I need to start where my uniform.Will I be open and close ..

Interview Questions

• He ask have I have retail experince.
      Can get to work on time .
      How Iam with people
      Can i take a drug test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Savannah, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had my first interview with the store manager Aaron Davis which was pretty easy and straight to the point and later that day I had my second interview with he district manager Ron(not sure of his last name), but I was never too fond of him. I got hired and I started two days later.

Interview Questions

• Do I know about how important SHRINK is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There was no interview process or drug test or anything. I put my app in and they called me and asked me to come and fill out paperwork. I filled out paperwork had to wait on my background check to come back and then started to work 5 days later

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It is very easy and understanding. You have to pass the test and be very courteous to other people. Know what to do in any situation. Not only that but also knowing how to clean after things that have spilled.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an angry customer?   1 Answer