Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Detroit, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Process takes about a week all altogether. Apply online, after putting in application, call the location you applied for to get the process started. After calling, they should tell you the status of your application and may tell you to come in for an interview. The longest part of the process is your background check and drug test, (which are required for employment). After passing background check and drug test, watch for a email that says something about bringing in social security card and Id to start date. After this, you are officially employed to my knowledge.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Irvington, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Irvington, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Came in appropriate and well dressed and told them my skills and fast ability to learn and I also use to volunteer work there before I got hired and really enjoyed being apart of the family dollar team.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Ann, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Saint Ann, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Telling me about the job asking when am I able to start my availability. I knew I was hired once I was asked to take a drug test and if I could start the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Savannah, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had my first interview with the store manager Aaron Davis which was pretty easy and straight to the point and later that day I had my second interview with he district manager Ron(not sure of his last name), but I was never too fond of him. I got hired and I started two days later.

Interview Questions

• Do I know about how important SHRINK is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

At that time i think it went very well. I gave I contact .I was very promt answer my question . i didnt where bright color,I ask unform when did I need to start where my uniform.Will I be open and close ..

Interview Questions

• He ask have I have retail experince.
      Can get to work on time .
      How Iam with people
      Can i take a drug test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Very brief not much of an interview as long as you have two legs that can walk your hired. They are very desperate so if you are in need of a job quick this is the place to go.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional interview. I noticed how the staff members were yelling at each other in front of the customers. The person who interviewed me made some rude comments. Although I really didn't find the workplace professional, I still decided to work there just to make enough money.

Interview Questions

• Will you come in to work when I call you (basically will i be an on call cashier)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was pretty simple. She asked basic questions. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes or less. I went very causal didn't dress up. The drug test was right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in Redford, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Redford, MI).

Interview

About 30 minute easy in person interview. It's just you and the manager. The manager is asking a series of questions and taking notes along the way. They contact you by the end of the day if your hired or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you contribute to our work environment if hired?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (South Bend, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview process takes too long to get back the applicant. Takes 2 weeks to even have an interview and then the background check is another 2 weeks. By the time you get an interview you will have another job offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer