Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Very laid back and unorganized. Seemed like noone knew what was going on. Asked a few questions then handed me a cup to pee in. Let me take my stuff with me so totally could've faked it if need be

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

pretty easy interview waiting on background check not sure when I will get a response I'm sure that I will get the job. I applied for a part time position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

OK nice guy yet did not seem happy with no short to the point answers I'm sure he felt I was a lil bit rude but I was being as honest as I could with him about what I felt about the s the store

Interview Questions

• If I find out bout the job   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Great asked if could work open availability, take a quiz and apply online. After I applied I was told if I pass a test of questions I will be interviewed again . Basic questions. Why do you want to work here? Are you looking for long term or not? Can I pass a drug screen, and can I work weekends?

Interview Questions

• Can I pass a drug test, and open availability. And long term. I mean common sense   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Interview is straightforward. You fill out the application online and they call you in for an interview with the manager. They ask pretty standard interview questions and about your availability. That's pretty much all.

Anonymous Employee in Jack, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Jack, MS) in May 2016.

Interview

I spoke with the manager and he had me to submit my application online in the store then scheduled an interview and I was hired. The store manager was very informing and happy to answer any and all of the different questions that I had. He showed me around the store and also what my responsibilities would include. We went over the store rules and regulations. I also had to take some security tests.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very eager to hire some one.Very non professional. I was on time but he was to busy to start the interview.work place was a mess an out of control very unstable. Very small offices .

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you are right for the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Detroit, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick procces took me a while to get my interview took about 3 weeks i was persotantly calling management was taking forever always saying call back but im determined up for a challenge then when i finally got my interview she told me to come next tuesday for an interview and it was tuesday already so meaning my interview was a week away. Smh that was crazy to me.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online then called everyday for two weeks until the store manager finally asked me to come in for a interview. I research the company as usual before going on to be interviewed. When I arrived the manager was working the cash register and highly upset because her cashier didn't show up. It worked well in my favor , I gave her my resume and told her about myself and previous experience as listed on my resume. She was trying to conduct a interview along with run her store with customers purchasing items. She apologized for multi tasking, asked if I could pass a drug test and handed me a urine cup. I got home and thought the interview went well. She gave me a call said I passed the drug test n when to start, bring I.d , social. I was promoted within 6 months to assist manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?
      How often are you late for events or school?
      How motivated are you to work?
      Can you pass a drug test?
      Are you a hard worker? Etc.
      4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Litchfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Litchfield, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

I went in one day did my interview went back the nest day and did my drug test then within three days I knew I got hired. When asked if I had any questions I said when can I start and laughed. The interview process was fairly laid back and relaxed I'm very excited to be part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work all the way in Litchfield??   1 Answer