Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional interview. I noticed how the staff members were yelling at each other in front of the customers. The person who interviewed me made some rude comments. Although I really didn't find the workplace professional, I still decided to work there just to make enough money.

Interview Questions

• Will you come in to work when I call you (basically will i be an on call cashier)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was pretty simple. She asked basic questions. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes or less. I went very causal didn't dress up. The drug test was right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in Redford, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Redford, MI).

Interview

About 30 minute easy in person interview. It's just you and the manager. The manager is asking a series of questions and taking notes along the way. They contact you by the end of the day if your hired or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you contribute to our work environment if hired?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (South Bend, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview process takes too long to get back the applicant. Takes 2 weeks to even have an interview and then the background check is another 2 weeks. By the time you get an interview you will have another job offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Augusta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process. Manager asked basic questions that any employer would ask. Just be honest. You have to make them feel as if you want to work for them long term, not just the time being. The also need to know that you are an honest person. A lot of people get hired and steal money/and or goods from Family Dollar. If they plant to hire you, they will drug test on spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2016.

Interview

Took several weeks after I applied to be brought in for interview. They will basically hire anyone who can pass a background and drug test (they do at site during interview).

Interview Questions

• If I could work holidays and weekends.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2017.

Interview

I made an appointment via phone with the store manager for the initial interview. I came in at the scheduled time and he was runing register, which he continued to do during the entire 40 minutes. He did all of the talking. Explained the job details several times, kept repeating himself. I said a total of 23 words (yes i counted). He mostly spoke of himself and how he saved the store. The questions i was asked were, do you think you can recover and count money? Is your availability still open?

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can recover like that?   1 Answer
    • Can you count money?   1 Answer
    • Is your availability still open?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

At that time i think it went very well. I gave I contact .I was very promt answer my question . i didnt where bright color,I ask unform when did I need to start where my uniform.Will I be open and close ..

Interview Questions

• He ask have I have retail experince.
      Can get to work on time .
      How Iam with people
      Can i take a drug test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Savannah, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had my first interview with the store manager Aaron Davis which was pretty easy and straight to the point and later that day I had my second interview with he district manager Ron(not sure of his last name), but I was never too fond of him. I got hired and I started two days later.

Interview Questions

• Do I know about how important SHRINK is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Detroit, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Process takes about a week all altogether. Apply online, after putting in application, call the location you applied for to get the process started. After calling, they should tell you the status of your application and may tell you to come in for an interview. The longest part of the process is your background check and drug test, (which are required for employment). After passing background check and drug test, watch for a email that says something about bringing in social security card and Id to start date. After this, you are officially employed to my knowledge.