Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2017

1.7

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

At that time i think it went very well. I gave I contact .I was very promt answer my question . i didnt where bright color,I ask unform when did I need to start where my uniform.Will I be open and close ..

Interview Questions

• He ask have I have retail experince.
    Can get to work on time .
    How Iam with people
    Can i take a drug test   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Very brief not much of an interview as long as you have two legs that can walk your hired. They are very desperate so if you are in need of a job quick this is the place to go.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Detroit, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Process takes about a week all altogether. Apply online, after putting in application, call the location you applied for to get the process started. After calling, they should tell you the status of your application and may tell you to come in for an interview. The longest part of the process is your background check and drug test, (which are required for employment). After passing background check and drug test, watch for a email that says something about bringing in social security card and Id to start date. After this, you are officially employed to my knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Ann, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Saint Ann, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Telling me about the job asking when am I able to start my availability. I knew I was hired once I was asked to take a drug test and if I could start the next day.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2017.

Interview

I made an appointment via phone with the store manager for the initial interview. I came in at the scheduled time and he was runing register, which he continued to do during the entire 40 minutes. He did all of the talking. Explained the job details several times, kept repeating himself. I said a total of 23 words (yes i counted). He mostly spoke of himself and how he saved the store. The questions i was asked were, do you think you can recover and count money? Is your availability still open?

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can recover like that?   1 Answer
    • Can you count money?   1 Answer
    • Is your availability still open?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Very laid back and unorganized. Seemed like noone knew what was going on. Asked a few questions then handed me a cup to pee in. Let me take my stuff with me so totally could've faked it if need be

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

pretty easy interview waiting on background check not sure when I will get a response I'm sure that I will get the job. I applied for a part time position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

OK nice guy yet did not seem happy with no short to the point answers I'm sure he felt I was a lil bit rude but I was being as honest as I could with him about what I felt about the s the store

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Interview is straightforward. You fill out the application online and they call you in for an interview with the manager. They ask pretty standard interview questions and about your availability. That's pretty much all.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Great asked if could work open availability, take a quiz and apply online. After I applied I was told if I pass a test of questions I will be interviewed again . Basic questions. Why do you want to work here? Are you looking for long term or not? Can I pass a drug screen, and can I work weekends?

Interview Questions

• Can I pass a drug test, and open availability. And long term. I mean common sense   1 Answer