Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

At that time i think it went very well. I gave I contact .I was very promt answer my question . i didnt where bright color,I ask unform when did I need to start where my uniform.Will I be open and close ..

Interview Questions

• He ask have I have retail experince.
    Can get to work on time .
    How Iam with people
    Can i take a drug test   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional interview. I noticed how the staff members were yelling at each other in front of the customers. The person who interviewed me made some rude comments. Although I really didn't find the workplace professional, I still decided to work there just to make enough money.

Interview Questions

• Will you come in to work when I call you (basically will i be an on call cashier)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redford, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Redford, MI).

Interview

About 30 minute easy in person interview. It's just you and the manager. The manager is asking a series of questions and taking notes along the way. They contact you by the end of the day if your hired or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you contribute to our work environment if hired?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (South Bend, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview process takes too long to get back the applicant. Takes 2 weeks to even have an interview and then the background check is another 2 weeks. By the time you get an interview you will have another job offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was pretty simple. She asked basic questions. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes or less. I went very causal didn't dress up. The drug test was right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Augusta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process. Manager asked basic questions that any employer would ask. Just be honest. You have to make them feel as if you want to work for them long term, not just the time being. The also need to know that you are an honest person. A lot of people get hired and steal money/and or goods from Family Dollar. If they plant to hire you, they will drug test on spot.

Anonymous Employee in Homestead, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Homestead, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview was short and simple. She asked me for my availability and my school schedule. She was very nice. She also asked me what I’m studying school. The interview was no more than 20 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Wilson, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was very informal the store was understaffed so I was essentially hired on the spot. I was as honest as i could be. My perception of the people are slightly depressing the place is very structured with little room for flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story about how you handled a stressful situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2011.

Interview

The Manager was very friendly, positive and upfront. She wanted me to know what responsibilities I would have before I accepted the position. When you go in for the interview, make sure to leave the rest of the day open for drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Please tell me about your prior employment.   1 Answer
    • Will you be able to pass a random drug test?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You may be on call the day that they get their delivery. I had only one part (evenings) of one day that I was unwilling to work. I will most likely have to work during that time.

Anonymous Employee in Raeford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Raeford, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

45-minute on-line survey (at a minimum). Face-to-face interview with store manager followed.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your retail past that would make you good for this job? And how is your availability?   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation -- take minimum wage or leave it.