Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Really a drug test and background check was pretty much it we talked for approximately 15 minutes and i had the job honestly. I pretty much played it cool she asked me personal questions to see if i would react different but i didnt.

Interview Questions

• Have i ever worked for family dollar or customer service in general?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

fill out application went in the next day and ask about the opening position ask basic questions how old are you what shift are you looking for and a did a drug test

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very eager to hire some one.Very non professional. I was on time but he was to busy to start the interview.work place was a mess an out of control very unstable. Very small offices .

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you are right for the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (El Paso, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Extremely easy but i also knew someone who was working at another store as an assistant manager and recommended to the manager at the closest store to my house. I went to the store and talked to the manager she was expecting me and said that i looked someone who was trustworthy, responded that i was. SHe showed me how to handle money and how to clean the store.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Great asked if could work open availability, take a quiz and apply online. After I applied I was told if I pass a test of questions I will be interviewed again . Basic questions. Why do you want to work here? Are you looking for long term or not? Can I pass a drug screen, and can I work weekends?

Interview Questions

• Can I pass a drug test, and open availability. And long term. I mean common sense   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quite easy and simple. Questions were very basic . I wasn't asked much questions & the ones that were asked were pretty easy and simple. The person who interviewed me asked me Why I wanted to work there , why should I get hired , what are my skills , what am I good at , name a time when I had to overcome a difficult time in work life , what was my previous employment like , what do I like to do , Am I currently in school . I was asked to take a drug test after the interview so I went to take the drug test , my result came in the next day & 3 days later I got called in to start working. Overall the process was easy and smooth

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with this company ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Interview is straightforward. You fill out the application online and they call you in for an interview with the manager. They ask pretty standard interview questions and about your availability. That's pretty much all.

Anonymous Employee in Jack, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Jack, MS) in May 2016.

Interview

I spoke with the manager and he had me to submit my application online in the store then scheduled an interview and I was hired. The store manager was very informing and happy to answer any and all of the different questions that I had. He showed me around the store and also what my responsibilities would include. We went over the store rules and regulations. I also had to take some security tests.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Cleveland, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

I got hired during the holiday rush they probably weren't expecting to keep me but I ended up being there a total of three years and outlasted three managers. My application was on file for six months before I heard back from them. The interview process was not long I was hired because I graduated from the manager at the time's alma mater. She didn't really evaluate me much or train me for that matter. I basically trained myself but I am more than certain all managers are not like that.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty straight forward. Most people dread giving interviews so go in confident.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

It was very long but went very good. A lot of questions but good ones. It was very professional. Was around great people with great attitudes. Would love to work with or around great people from Family Dollar. I recommend for anybody looking for a retail job to try out Family Dollar.