Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.4

Bulkorder Filler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Sat down with hr to answer some questions as a group then we came back to the site for 2 days of orientation overall i will say the process went real well learned alot.

Interview Questions

• Was i reliable could they depend on my work   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone, the second was in person with the manager and supervisor. I was asked several interview questions about myself, my experience and why I wanted this job. Where do I see myself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Family Dollar?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I didn't have one. Hired on through a friend. Was contractor for 7 months and then got brought on full time salary with benefits. I've heard that others have to do a 1 on 1, group interview, and other things.

Replenishment Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied with college, had phone screening and was invited on the spot for in-person. Met with a few groups within the inventory planning department from manager to director. All asked basic interview questions. Were very concerned with analytical experience/projects. Had to complete a 30-min basic retail math test. It was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some analysis you've done - situation, task, approach result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not negotiable entry level position

Private Brands Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for the Private Brands Associate position with Family Dollar and pretty much I was the one that asked questions. The people were nice but they mainly just asked about my experience and how that fit into the job. Ultimately I didn't get hired but I didn't feel it was because I had a bad interview, someone else just have more relevant experience.

Very upfront and straightforward. The people were very casual and kept asking me if I had questions. I talked to three different people for about 30 minutes each and one of the people I talked to just wanted me to ask them any questions I had about the job the whole time. So make sure you have questions for them! I had questions but not nearly enough to fill up 30 minutes of time. Hours would be 8-5, not too bad and pay was decent. Would have been a good job and I definitely will reapply for a job with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with private brands?   1 Answer

Manager Social Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Somewhat relaxed, not too in depth or taxing. I met with 4 different people not including the hiring manager and HR. The people worked in the department and asked general "fit" questions more than anything else.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

There were several phone interviews with the recruiter and hiring manager before the in person interview since I was not living in the area during the interview process. The in person interview was well organized and the accommodations was welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How strong are you in multi-tasking and working with cross-functional teams?   Answer Question

Sourcing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

Very professional and complete. Recruiter asked all the right questions and covered all ground necessary to qualify. The recruiter answered all my questions and took alot of time to finish the job and make me not felt rushed or herded along and rushed. The areobviously well trained and polished to do the job well.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in July 2009.

Interview

This was a very difficult interview at the Corporate Office of Famiy Dollar. The panel interview consisted of individuals on the team I was interviewing for. They immediately made me feel inferior by touting all of their qualifications and downplaying mine. I felt as though they were looking down their noses at me the whole time and they made absolutely no attempts to make me feel comfortable. After I finished the presentation portion of my interview, the hiring manager walked out without acknowledging me. Yes, I realized afterwards that I was underqualified for the job at that point in my career, but they were the ones who called me in for an interview so I at least expected to be treated with a little bit of respect.

Interview Questions

• There were no actual questions posed. They described the job, talked about why they were awesome at it, then told me why I would suck at it.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in February 2008.

Interview

Family Dollar is a great company that support diversity from the management staff down to the hourly employee. The interview process was very professional. The phone interview and the face to face interview was very informative. There were serveral bahavorial questions to confirm my management experience and customer services skills.

Interview Questions

• What is you greatest weakness.   1 Answer