Family Dollar Stores Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

1.5

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Portland, CT) in December 2017.

Interview

Initially I applied online. I received a call from the assistant manager a day after I submitted the application to come in for an interview. The assistant manager was the person conducting the interview on his day off (they were understaffed). The interviewer only asked me a few basic questions. It was mostly comprised of him talking about the job description and duties of the job itself. I was told there would be a second round of interviews with the manager; however I never received a call back, so I’m assuming I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Interview was quick. Brought you in, ask the basic questions, and then I was hired. They did a background test, and you had to go through online training courses. It was kind of tedious but it was okay.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with a customer who looks like their shoplifting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Aurora, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Simple questions. Must be 18 to apply. Questions are based off how available you are to work, and your work history. You can have no work history at all, and they might still accept you if they think you're valuable enough!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Applied on Indeed which required a basic math assessment, received a phone call in a couple days asking for an interview. The interview was very casual, began with standard questions about work history and teamwork experiences. The interview quickly became personal and more relaxed. This was likely to gauge personality traits and fit for the culture. Final step was the administration of an at-home drug test, and I was notified that they would run a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Durham, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The store and district manager interviewed me. Basically the store manager asked my availability, gave me a description of the job and that's about it. After she asked me everything, she had me to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Family Dollar?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virgie, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Virgie, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

Laid back, non-professional expectancies are a very big chunk of what surprised me. You do your interview in front of customers and sometimes may not be able to hear the manager asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Far Rockaway, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Far Rockaway, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple. She asked if had experience in retail and I said restaurants. She explained the job is a bit difficult because there is always a mess and lots of orders to unpack and display. She said if I want the job its mine. She called me the next day to pick up the drug form.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call the next day. Went in. Was interviewed by two Store Managers (one from the store I applied to and one who was still training him). They asked basic questions about my work history and education. They asked me to leave for a minute. They came out and offered me a position as an Assistant Store Manager on the spot (even though I had applied for the "lower" CSR position).

Honestly I feel as if the interview was too casual and relaxed. It seemed as if they were more desperate for an assistant manager than I was for a job.

There is an online personality test and a drug test required. They will also run a background check.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It went pretty good overall, the manager was nice and explained what I'd have to do if I were to get the job and how much I'd get paid. Told me they were short handed so they were in need of people. Took me to the back to do a drug test and after told me I was good to go, that they'd call me back to take a test online after the background check was finished.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to school? And if you are what time do you usually go?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

It took me 2 months to get hired . my girlfriends mom worked for one of the managers years ago and thats how i got the job. There wasnt really a formal interview.