Family Dollar Stores Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dayton, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied, then I came in for an interview and was hired a day or two later. I was not asked any job specific questions during the interview. I was asked personal questions that I did not have to think too much about the answer. The manager told me that she was interviewing someone else after me and she'd call me and let me know what her decision was. I received a call the next day and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions in this interview. All of the questions were easy questions to answer about myself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was about 10 minutes and the background check took the longest to come back even if you have a clean background and they make you do a drug test and an assessment test

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Family Dollar   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2013.

Interview

Interview with the Store Manager was 2 hours (not typical). The interview was an easy process. I decided to start at entry level to learn process since it was a new career field. Manager was detailing questions to fit my long term plan.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Family Dollar?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Durham, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The store and district manager interviewed me. Basically the store manager asked my availability, gave me a description of the job and that's about it. After she asked me everything, she had me to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Family Dollar?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Portland, CT) in December 2017.

Interview

Initially I applied online. I received a call from the assistant manager a day after I submitted the application to come in for an interview. The assistant manager was the person conducting the interview on his day off (they were understaffed). The interviewer only asked me a few basic questions. It was mostly comprised of him talking about the job description and duties of the job itself. I was told there would be a second round of interviews with the manager; however I never received a call back, so I’m assuming I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Virgie, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Virgie, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

Laid back, non-professional expectancies are a very big chunk of what surprised me. You do your interview in front of customers and sometimes may not be able to hear the manager asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Aurora, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Simple questions. Must be 18 to apply. Questions are based off how available you are to work, and your work history. You can have no work history at all, and they might still accept you if they think you're valuable enough!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Interview was quick. Brought you in, ask the basic questions, and then I was hired. They did a background test, and you had to go through online training courses. It was kind of tedious but it was okay.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with a customer who looks like their shoplifting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Lunas, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Los Lunas, NM) in June 2016.

Interview

it was super simple, for my interview the assistant manager and the manager at different times asked me some questions about myself and how i would handle situations on the job.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very smooth, quick, easy, traditional interview questions

Once I got the job I found that it was great place to start off. They start you off at part time and pay very little (close to minimum wage) and require a lot of time and hard work. This would be a great place to work if the paid you according to the work that's required of you.