Family Dollar Stores Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Far Rockaway, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Far Rockaway, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple. She asked if had experience in retail and I said restaurants. She explained the job is a bit difficult because there is always a mess and lots of orders to unpack and display. She said if I want the job its mine. She called me the next day to pick up the drug form.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call the next day. Went in. Was interviewed by two Store Managers (one from the store I applied to and one who was still training him). They asked basic questions about my work history and education. They asked me to leave for a minute. They came out and offered me a position as an Assistant Store Manager on the spot (even though I had applied for the "lower" CSR position).

Honestly I feel as if the interview was too casual and relaxed. It seemed as if they were more desperate for an assistant manager than I was for a job.

There is an online personality test and a drug test required. They will also run a background check.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It went pretty good overall, the manager was nice and explained what I'd have to do if I were to get the job and how much I'd get paid. Told me they were short handed so they were in need of people. Took me to the back to do a drug test and after told me I was good to go, that they'd call me back to take a test online after the background check was finished.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to school? And if you are what time do you usually go?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

It took me 2 months to get hired . my girlfriends mom worked for one of the managers years ago and thats how i got the job. There wasnt really a formal interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2016.

Interview

Honestly the worst interview I have ever had . The interviewer was so unprofessional and so disrespectful. She started the interview with the basic tell me about yourself and that's literally the only question I got because after that she just started drilling me about how I have no experience so why do I want this job ? Why do I want to work here ? You don't even have any experience why did you apply. Even if I do get called again I'm not going nor am I accepting an offer if I do get one .!

Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Clarkston, GA).

Interview

I applied with resume and cover letter. I want up to the store to present it and she like the fact that I took my time and was preaistanc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be prepared and ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, submitted information and resume.
    Received a call one week later for appointment for interview
    I called multiple times to confirm appointment and to be sure it was that date
    Dressed up in a suit, waited patiently for 1-2 hours since manager was actually stocking that time, so she told me to wait.
    We sat down in her small office/security room for the interview.
    Handshake, typical introduction and asked questions like why should I be hired.
    Showed credentials and explained it would be my first job so it would be a good starting point. She agreed and from there did drug screening, showed resume and degrees to show that I'm competent at staying on the job/school.
    Issue came up with the hiring process since family dollar was bought out so I had to go in again and filled out the online application and come back on another day for it which is bad. Wastes pay and time for both employees and employers but it was beyond my managers control since the IDs system has changed completely because of the merge of dollar tree and family dollar.

Interview Questions

• What issues did you have in school or in life and how did you resolve it since you have never worked a job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just schedule for work/school

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Shreveport, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

Hired Immediately Did paperwork Got paper work for a drug test. Got my proof for my I-9 and my W-4. Got my schedule. Gave my last job a notice. Started immediately after my last job.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Reno, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Just a few questions, light environment and no stress at all, Explained the position role, pay rate, benefits, and then start with the questions related to my work experience.
    I got to the store at the scheduled and I was immediately interviewed by the store manager, a polite and friendly person. It made the interview an easy step.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience? Where did you acquire it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Management only hires people she's been involved with it a girls club and picks on the oldest associate if you don't look a certain way and let the manager talk to you any way the job offer never would never been offered what else can I say nothing more to say