Family Dollar Stores Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 75 of over 641 interviews

Employee Referral6%
1.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Angleton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Angleton, TX) in Sep 2018

Interview

Went for interview. Was asked one question. “Why do you want to work here?”. I have my answer and then was told as soon as my background came back that I could start. Which took about 3 days.

Interview Questions
  • Why do want to work here?
    Answer Question

Family Dollar Stores

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores

Interview

Very informal and relaxed. Manager interviewing was friendly and personable. The ease of the questions were almost like a conversation not an interview. I did't feel stressed or anxious about it at all.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for family dollar?

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Smyrna, DE)

Interview

Pretty straight forward. The hiring manaher asked a handful of questions pertaining to my availability for hours and when I could start working. I was offered a position on the spot pending my drug test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Portland, CT) in Dec 2017

Interview

Initially I applied online. I received a call from the assistant manager a day after I submitted the application to come in for an interview. The assistant manager was the person conducting the interview on his day off (they were understaffed). The interviewer only asked me a few basic questions. It was mostly comprised of him talking about the job description and duties of the job itself. I was told there would be a second round of interviews with the manager; however I never received a call back, so I’m assuming I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Family Dollar Stores

Application

I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores

Interview

Interview was quick. Brought you in, ask the basic questions, and then I was hired. They did a background test, and you had to go through online training courses. It was kind of tedious but it was okay.

Interview Questions
  • How to deal with a customer who looks like their shoplifting?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Davis, CA) in Nov 2017

Interview

it was 5 minutes long. she didn't even ask any questions, she just said this is what we pay when can you start. I started a day later after the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Aurora, IL) in Oct 2017

Interview

Very simple and easy. Simple questions. Must be 18 to apply. Questions are based off how available you are to work, and your work history. You can have no work history at all, and they might still accept you if they think you're valuable enough!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Frederica, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Frederica, DE) in Sep 2017

Interview

The Store Manager wasn't all that professional, he just told me what the job was like while stocking shelves. It seemed like no matter what I said, I would've been hired, because I was really only asked me a few questions about myself. The Manager was also not very professional. It wasn't a sit down interview, and I feel like I dressed nice for nothing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in Aug 2017

Interview

Questions about schooling, what times you have available, the offered pay is not negotiable. Goes over day to day work, a quick walk around the store and the areas, then drug test. You know if you pass or not same day as well as if you get the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in Aug 2017

Interview

Both a manager and a supervisor conducted the interview in the backroom. They asked me basic interview questions. The questions overall were easy and not difficult at all. The whole interview took about 10-15 minutes. They also asked when I could take a drug test at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Are you able to handle cash?
  • How would you deal with an angry customer?
Viewing 11 - 20 of 75 Interviews