Family Dollar Stores District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores District Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2008.

Interview

There was an extensive on-line personality test and a difficult math portion. Also, had reading comprehension. This was timed and was very challenging to finish with the time given. Had a 3panel interview, which you had to wait at least 50 minutes. They had you sit sit down and just fired the interview questions at you. Had 2 phone interviews and 2, 1:1.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your management style?   1 Answer
  • What was your highest shrink number in any of the companies you worked for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate slightly on salary and can negotiate well on vacation time if you don't reach your desired salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

Had a phone interview that was on point covering by experience , tenure , people , results .
    They asked me to take them through my retail career .
    We talked about their organization and what I could bring to it .

Interview Questions

• What was my type of Leadership Style .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke briefly with a friend who was a RHRM, officially applied for Cincinnati OH-DM role. Received a called from Field Recruiter who phone screened me and sold me on a Sioux Falls SD-DM role. 4-days later phone interview with RVP and RHRM. 3-days later phone interview with the RLPM. Following week received a call from recruiter and flew to Minneapolis to meet both the RVP, RHRM and AOM (Metro DM). Went to lunch, discussed role further, district size(Store Count and Sales Volume), opportunities within district, resources, training and tools, along with business partners in the field.

Exactly one week later received a call from Recruiter to inform me that they wanted me and she asked what was I thinking about salary. The salary in which they where looking to pay was $61k (60-65). Unless it is a high shrink district, a district in which is hard to staff or a metro AOM the pay structure is awful.

FYI, Found out that the GVP and not the RVP can override pay bans if needed only.

Complete waste of time. No thank you

Interview Questions

• What characteristics do you current boss have that you consider a strength and what is his/her opportunities?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with corporate recruiter, then interviewed with panel consisting of RVP, two LP one of which could barely keep awake, and one DM who is more qualified to be the RVP, then met again with RVP & another DM, then flown to NC for one on one interview each with HR & DVP. Seemed a bit disorganized and very repetitive at times.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions at panel level. Be prepared to answer about how you hold people accountable, how you have terminated people, and about your loss prevention skills & shrink reduction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation had to take the lower than expected pay offered.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2013.

Interview

Called by a recruiter who saw resume on Monster. Asked a few questions on resume, few technical questions, and asked what I was looking for (typical HR screening). Then spoke with Regional Manager for follow-up, more on experiences and accomplishment. Detailed interview with business metrics/mentality for aknowledge base. Highly interested in ways to better company culture (staffing/retention) and ways to increase sales. Then follow-up interviews with HR manager and LP. Finally flew out to area hub for interview panel of GVP and regional manager. Offer made same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail your biggest strength and weakness and how your overcoming it.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your approach to Loss Prevention in a retail store.   Answer Question
    • Using your past experiences, how would you adapt to FD culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Comprehensive package including full RELO w/lump sum payment included. Negotiated on start date only due to move.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Detroit, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Lengthy multiple interviews with the local Regional VP, Group VP, Loss Prevention and HR. It could take several months (and interviews) to be hired. They are looking for a proper personality fit.

Interview Questions

• Would you fit in with the urban environment of the stores? Would you have problems? Why should we hire you? Talk about a time you had to discipline someone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Everything was cut and dried, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Long process, had 5 interviews total and the process took over 5 weeks. It was hard to get a hold of people to get an update.Long process, had 5 interviews total and the process took over 5 weeks. It was hard to get a hold of people to get an update.Long process, had 5 interviews total and the process took over 5 weeks. It was hard to get a hold of people to get an update.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in May 2009.

Interview

I applied twice for the same position and this worked for me.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me why you are the right person for this position.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2010.

Interview

DM interviewes all canidates for assistant manager and store manager, every DM is different in what they are looking for, some do hire store managers from outside the company, others fill the position from within