Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.3

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Ft. Lauderdale store. Applied in-store on their terminal, there was no manager or assistant manager around.. Got called 2 days later, interview scheduled for Saturday. I arrive, again no manager. Employee calls her and says it's rescheduled for Wednesday. I arrive, store closed for repairs. What a big, fat waste of time an effort. The store itself seemed badly run, with employees loitering and texting. Management was non existant and apparently has questionable work and customer satisfaction ethics.

Interview Questions

• There was no question, as there was nobody there at both dates.   Answer Question

Allocator/Replenishment Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Matthews, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Process took 2 weeks. Before the interview process began, had to take an inventory assessment test. After that, I had 5 rounds of interviews with 2-3 people in each round. Went through my resume. The recruiters were really friendly. But a very long process.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

OK nice guy yet did not seem happy with no short to the point answers I'm sure he felt I was a lil bit rude but I was being as honest as I could with him about what I felt about the s the store

Interview Questions

• If I find out bout the job   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Met with the manager..did a background and drug test oass both..was hired that day..the manager was really nice and down to earth.MY mom was there through the process and the manager did like that because he saw that I was serious about working. The interview was very helpful and I enjoyed it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2016.

Interview

Honestly the worst interview I have ever had . The interviewer was so unprofessional and so disrespectful. She started the interview with the basic tell me about yourself and that's literally the only question I got because after that she just started drilling me about how I have no experience so why do I want this job ? Why do I want to work here ? You don't even have any experience why did you apply. Even if I do get called again I'm not going nor am I accepting an offer if I do get one .!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a fast process in which the store and floor manager was very welcoming and ask questions about being able to get the job done in a timely matter I was called in the next day for a interview with the district manager it seems he was more into the loss the stores been having due to employees

Replenishment Buyer/Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Matthews, NC).

Interview

I would like to recommend changes to the interview process. A second phone interview by a manager is needed in order to avoid wasted time for both parties. I experienced a bad interview with family dollar. A couple members of management were bothered because my experience was not equivalent to retail. A certain red head senior manager was horrible and immature displaying frequent eye rolls, scoffs, and behavior to try to belittle me. As a fellow human being, you should always show respect and display pleasant behavior no matter what your status is within a company. After all, your not curing cancer by any means. Showing common courtesy should be part of the company's profile. I feel like you should interview someone respectfully and simply not contact them for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Family Dollar?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself
      1 Answer

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress and pressure   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Tulsa, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was kinda basic. went in interviewed with the district manager and then he said he would call me in a couple days but called me the next day to take a drug test so now im waiting on my drug test to see what the next step is

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that i wouldnt know from your resume   Answer Question

Cashier/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Martinsville, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy and quick. Asked me the basis questions. The hiring manager who was also the store manager was very nice. I basically got the job in a week. Expereience wasnt much difderent than anyother interview, it was just easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a problematic situation that you were calm and resolved in a nice manner?   Answer Question