Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

1.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Durham, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The store and district manager interviewed me. Basically the store manager asked my availability, gave me a description of the job and that's about it. After she asked me everything, she had me to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Family Dollar?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process went really well, they were very respectful and nice. If any one thought any different they are wrong. Family Dollar is a very beautiful company, people underestimate the company. The interview process makes you excited about wirking for Family Dollar

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Council Bluffs, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

Completed online job application. Called in for interview 2 days later. Very casual, very nice staff. Took drug screen within 48 hours, took 6 days to get results. Interviewed a second time, with the District Manager In Training. Very easy and informative. Got along great.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take a drug test?
      Are you willing to fill in at other regional stores if desperately needed?
      Have you ever been in management or retail before?
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in May 2017.

Interview

I went in asked for a manager, an associate guided me to the back of the building in a warehouse setting. I interviewed directly with the District Manager. I felt like I was in a shark tank. It was ok, felt uneasy and a bit unwelcomed. He said someone will call me but I don't think that is gonna happen. He did ask me if I wanted to be a CSR if not a manager I said yes but was bit disappointed seeing as my qualifications and education level is above CSR standards yet alone assistant manager but in the end it's a race game. People look at your race regardless in Charlotte, NC. I just happen to look hispanic being interviewed by a African American man.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Cheyenne, WY).

Interview

It was an incredibly short process. I applied online and just a fww days later I was called in, ask a few questions, given a drug test, and hired on the spot. I started the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to take a drug test?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Snellville, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very easy to do. Interview only took about forty-five minutes, explaining what is needed and what your availability is, how many days or hours you can work and that you will be paid every week.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy and friendly process! Interview with store manager on Thursday drug test immediately after interview. He called to update me on Friday, Saturday and Tuesday (Easter weekend) Wednesday I was informed I'd had an interview with DM over the phone. Thursday the DM called me, she was very friendly and told me a lot of the company. 30 minutes after phone that I went into the store, was made an offer which I did have to negotiate but we settled on what I wanted. It was an all around easy and great process! All questions were basic retail management questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

This was a basic and sort of rushed interview. Is my availability wide open? Can I lift 30lbs unassisted? Am I able to unload freight trucks? Have I ever run a cash register? Drug tests are required by the company, a simple throw-away cup for a urine sample with a test strip. I've never known my store to actually use them, however. After the interview, usually on a Friday, you can expect to start working the following Sunday and get at least two weeks of guaranteed 40 hours for training as an assistant.

Anonymous Employee in Eustis, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Eustis, FL).

Interview

It was a very brief interview. We had a standard introduction/meet and greet. He asked about my experience and how much I was looking to get paid. I gave my work history and how much I was looking to get paid. We agreed on a pay rate and I was hired soon after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Ft. Lauderdale store. Applied in-store on their terminal, there was no manager or assistant manager around.. Got called 2 days later, interview scheduled for Saturday. I arrive, again no manager. Employee calls her and says it's rescheduled for Wednesday. I arrive, store closed for repairs. What a big, fat waste of time an effort. The store itself seemed badly run, with employees loitering and texting. Management was non existant and apparently has questionable work and customer satisfaction ethics.

Interview Questions

• There was no question, as there was nobody there at both dates.   Answer Question