Family Dollar Stores Customer Service Representative (Cashier) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.8

Customer Service Representative/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The hiring process usually takes about a week or two if you're what they're looking for. A few years ago when I was hired the background check waiting period was a lot shorter than it is now. It used to take overnight to a few days now it takes a week. HR processing the application takes time as well.

Requirements for Applying -
- You MUST be 18 years or older. It doesn't matter if you're a month shy of being 18. You must be 18 or older when applying.
- You cannot be a felon.
- You must pass an on-site drug test.
- You cannot have another job. It's considered conflict of interest. However you can still be in college and they will work around your schedule as best they can.
- Valid ID

They're willing to be flexible with you if your personal schedule falls under the times they'll need you. The interview is usually short, they'll ask about availability, is there anything in your life that'll require you to take some time off frequently, do you have a reliable means of getting to work, etc.

If you are accepted, there are one of two ways to set up how you are paid. You either set up a pay card. If you prefer direct deposit, bring your banking information with you to make the process go along a lot smoother when you're called in to do the drug test. You usually start depending upon how readily they'll need you which could range from the very next day to a few days. You will need to bring your own red polo.

Interview Questions

• "Can you count money?" Aka not only can you count it, can you add and subtract it in your head? Can you group bills together? Ex. 25 $20 bills makes $500. 20 $5 makes $100.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Suffolk, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took about a week. I had applied on Thursday. I called them Monday morning and they told me that they'll take my name down. I called them back again on Wednesday and they told me to come in for an Interview that Friday.

Interview was very quick, manager sat down the entire time at a computer while I stood up. She asked me a few simple questions. Then she told me to go do a drug test and she ran my background information. Few days later I received an email conforming that I got the job and a phone call from them anger telling me to bring my ID and other cards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negations

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Mobile, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

Called me to come in Saturday morning told me what was expected and that was it. Just said she likes to give everyone hours and hates when people call out. Call out you have the risk of losing your job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy, laid back no pressure. It was an unprofessional interview as they were looking just for warm bodes to fill spots to do some manual labour.
    The hiring process is a show in as Family Dollar cannot keep any good employees they will hire any and everyone and that is why their turnover rate with employees and management is so high.
    No employee stays after they get mistreated.

Customer Service Representative (Cashier) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy the head manager ask me a few questions and told me what I was going to be doing. So overall it was a pretty easy not to much to say because she just asked me a few questions I'm guessing to see if I was honest and hired me on the spot took the drug test and all that day

Interview Questions

• What make you chose this employment?
      In 3 words how would you discribe your personality?   1 Answer