Family Dollar Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. The interview took place over the phone and lasted about 15 mins. or less. I was hired at the end of the interview and had to come in the next day.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Tampa, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

i applied online, after that the manager called me a few days after for an interview. the interview lasted around 20-30 minutes. after the interview i got hired and started with the assessments. you will have to fill out your forms on their computer, it does take a while. training took 3 days just because there are a few forms to fill out.

Interview Questions

• if you find a dime under the register, will you take it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

my pay was consider on experience, it was my first job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2011.

Interview

Very short and basic stuff. How do I handle stressful situations . Can I pass a drug and background check . I only had one interview and got the job . I started the next day or so.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Newark, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy basic questions. Questions you can think off the top of your head. First you fill the application . Got a call back two days later for a new store opening . Had an interview at a different store. Got hired but it took a little while

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you dealt with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

You are required to apply online or in the store's public computer. Once an applicant is called for an interview, the person is expected to come prepared with contacts, ID, and must take a drug test. Once that is done, they call you back in a few days after. The interview process is rather quick and efficient. I provide with work-related answers about availability, pay preference, and what role I will partake in the store.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had experience in cash-handling.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2016.

Interview

It went great because i got hired the same day as my interview overall i am happy i got the job nowbi can look forward in going to work daily

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good offet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundalk, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dundalk, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I had to wait about an hour before i was interviewed.
    There were two men in a room, both very nice and a pleasure to speak to.
    They didn't feel scary at all which was a plus!

Interview Questions

• When can you start work?
      Do you have transportation?
      Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Tampa, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was brief, it did not last longer than 30 minutes. The questions were really focused on your past employment and you as a person. They really want to understand their employees. It was probably one of the most enjoyable interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you encountered at your last position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Savannah, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

There was none I was called in to fill out some paperwork and then started working two days later I was trained for a week and then I was on my own from there I pretty much taught myself everything there was to know

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Very informal interview that lasted about 10 minutes. Asked a few questions about my work ethic (not the typical standard questions) and manager hired me on the spot. This being my first real job was a breeze and as someone who struggled with being timid the lax environment of this interview made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an issue working with others?   1 Answer