Family Dollar Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process went really well, they were very respectful and nice. If any one thought any different they are wrong. Family Dollar is a very beautiful company, people underestimate the company. The interview process makes you excited about wirking for Family Dollar

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Council Bluffs, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

Completed online job application. Called in for interview 2 days later. Very casual, very nice staff. Took drug screen within 48 hours, took 6 days to get results. Interviewed a second time, with the District Manager In Training. Very easy and informative. Got along great.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take a drug test?
      Are you willing to fill in at other regional stores if desperately needed?
      Have you ever been in management or retail before?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

This was a basic and sort of rushed interview. Is my availability wide open? Can I lift 30lbs unassisted? Am I able to unload freight trucks? Have I ever run a cash register? Drug tests are required by the company, a simple throw-away cup for a urine sample with a test strip. I've never known my store to actually use them, however. After the interview, usually on a Friday, you can expect to start working the following Sunday and get at least two weeks of guaranteed 40 hours for training as an assistant.

Anonymous Employee in Eustis, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Eustis, FL).

Interview

It was a very brief interview. We had a standard introduction/meet and greet. He asked about my experience and how much I was looking to get paid. I gave my work history and how much I was looking to get paid. We agreed on a pay rate and I was hired soon after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Ft. Lauderdale store. Applied in-store on their terminal, there was no manager or assistant manager around.. Got called 2 days later, interview scheduled for Saturday. I arrive, again no manager. Employee calls her and says it's rescheduled for Wednesday. I arrive, store closed for repairs. What a big, fat waste of time an effort. The store itself seemed badly run, with employees loitering and texting. Management was non existant and apparently has questionable work and customer satisfaction ethics.

Interview Questions

• There was no question, as there was nobody there at both dates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bradford, VT) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was nice. Was with the Store Manager. Pretty much went over the role, my work experience and availability. We then discussed the rest of the process and took a tour of the store as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Laid back, manager was constantly distracted. They sell you dreams about moving up quick but if a position opens they outsource. I don't recommend completely unsafe! Robbed everyday, need security

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

The interview was very positive and motivating, store manager and district manager were considerate and caring about who I was and my desire to work with them and accomplish a good work experience

Interview Questions

• what I liked about my last employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

It only took 2 days to get a call back being as though I already had managerial experience. I got called into an interview with the store manager that same day and then with the district manager two days later and was asked to go and take a drug screening within the next couple of days. I passed and then I started my 2 week training the next 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Just an interview with the store manager sometimes it would be the district manager. Then they would tell you about the company some. Just your usual interview nothing really special