Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

1.9

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sardis, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Sardis, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in store, hired as csr, moved to asst manager after interview with dm.. store manager left without warning., and was made manager after three interviews.. one with district manager one with hr and one with loss prevention.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a manager and a leader..or is there a difference?   1 Answer

CRS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Lithonia, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

They call you in. You explain your job experience and what you can bring to their company. You discuss job descriptions and salary. And they ask if everything they stated is ok and do you think you will be a good match.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Columbus, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

i was asked my strengths and weaknesses, I was asked about my past jobs and what I was responsible for in those jobs. I really dont remember much else. I was asked how many people I was used to working with.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of me going out of my way for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

At that time i think it went very well. I gave I contact .I was very promt answer my question . i didnt where bright color,I ask unform when did I need to start where my uniform.Will I be open and close ..

Interview Questions

• He ask have I have retail experince.
      Can get to work on time .
      How Iam with people
      Can i take a drug test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Savannah, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had my first interview with the store manager Aaron Davis which was pretty easy and straight to the point and later that day I had my second interview with he district manager Ron(not sure of his last name), but I was never too fond of him. I got hired and I started two days later.

Interview Questions

• Do I know about how important SHRINK is?   1 Answer

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Fast and informal, includes drug testing and back ground check, about 20 minutes, multiple interviewers, long back ground check process, but quick 2 week training period, work environment based on ability to stock out merchandise and keep store looking nice

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2017.

Interview

I made an appointment via phone with the store manager for the initial interview. I came in at the scheduled time and he was runing register, which he continued to do during the entire 40 minutes. He did all of the talking. Explained the job details several times, kept repeating himself. I said a total of 23 words (yes i counted). He mostly spoke of himself and how he saved the store. The questions i was asked were, do you think you can recover and count money? Is your availability still open?

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can recover like that?   1 Answer
    • Can you count money?   1 Answer
    • Is your availability still open?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Jackson, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Very casual. Interviewed by another staff member and not the manager. Asked very personal questions that made me very uncomfortable. The interview was done in the employee break room which was very dirty, cluttered and unorganized with a terrible odor

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Faison, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Faison, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Submit application. Go for a interview with the store manager and then a interview with the district manager and if your hired in as an assistant manager you go to a training store for 2 weeks to train

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New Haven, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in to follow up on my application and the manager told me to come in the next day for an interview. He didn't really ask much he was mostly telling me about what I would be doing and how to handle suspicious customers when working a night shift. He said if he chose me I would receive a call before Friday the next week. A week has gone by and unfortunately he has moved on with other candidates.