Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

1.9

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress and pressure   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Reno, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Just a few questions, light environment and no stress at all, Explained the position role, pay rate, benefits, and then start with the questions related to my work experience.
    I got to the store at the scheduled and I was immediately interviewed by the store manager, a polite and friendly person. It made the interview an easy step.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience? Where did you acquire it?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, called store and spoke with ASM, gave me the run down on what they was looking for and how bad they needed a store manager, gave me the DM number and said he would send an email. Called DM next morning, meet DM three hours later for interview, got call two days later from HR, and find out Monday when I start and where I will be training

Interview Questions

• Interview questions was general and wanted to know my management experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At this point that is still on the table

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call the next day. Went in. Was interviewed by two Store Managers (one from the store I applied to and one who was still training him). They asked basic questions about my work history and education. They asked me to leave for a minute. They came out and offered me a position as an Assistant Store Manager on the spot (even though I had applied for the "lower" CSR position).

Honestly I feel as if the interview was too casual and relaxed. It seemed as if they were more desperate for an assistant manager than I was for a job.

There is an online personality test and a drug test required. They will also run a background check.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It went pretty good overall, the manager was nice and explained what I'd have to do if I were to get the job and how much I'd get paid. Told me they were short handed so they were in need of people. Took me to the back to do a drug test and after told me I was good to go, that they'd call me back to take a test online after the background check was finished.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to school? And if you are what time do you usually go?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bradford, VT) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was nice. Was with the Store Manager. Pretty much went over the role, my work experience and availability. We then discussed the rest of the process and took a tour of the store as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Very laid back and unorganized. Seemed like noone knew what was going on. Asked a few questions then handed me a cup to pee in. Let me take my stuff with me so totally could've faked it if need be

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

pretty easy interview waiting on background check not sure when I will get a response I'm sure that I will get the job. I applied for a part time position

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Hagerstown, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

very short and to the point process with district manager i had actually reached out to this manager through my previous employer and had shown up face to face to turn in my resume so that he can look over my skills to see if there was any interest to bring me on board.

Interview Questions

• not very many interview questions just mostly about my previous employer and my experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

OK nice guy yet did not seem happy with no short to the point answers I'm sure he felt I was a lil bit rude but I was being as honest as I could with him about what I felt about the s the store

Interview Questions

• If I find out bout the job   1 Answer