Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Met with the manager..did a background and drug test oass both..was hired that day..the manager was really nice and down to earth.MY mom was there through the process and the manager did like that because he saw that I was serious about working. The interview was very helpful and I enjoyed it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

It only took 2 days to get a call back being as though I already had managerial experience. I got called into an interview with the store manager that same day and then with the district manager two days later and was asked to go and take a drug screening within the next couple of days. I passed and then I started my 2 week training the next 3 days.

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fresno, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a very brief process it only took 15-18 min.However, I was only asked 3 questions and I was hired right on the spot I just had to submit a drug test and they had to do a background check I believe.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job experience?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your other job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be Confident, Be You, And just tell them about your work and how it could help benefit the company and help them grow. Basically, tell them in a truthful manner what they want to hear.Lastly, If your serious about your job do a follow up every other day just to check up on your status.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

First do an On line application at family dollar web site. Get a call back, then get an Interview with MGR 1st, get another call back, then interview with AOM by phone or in person, submit a drug test, submit to a background check. No felonies allowed.

Interview Questions

• How much management experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I loved the interview with the manager she was down to earth. She was knowledgeable and professional. I can't wait to get the opportunity to work with her and the other family Dollar family. I didn't think I was going to take a drug test that day so I didn't have to go. So I walked around the store until I did.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current job to work for family Dollar?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bronx, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I went through an interview. I did a drug test/background check and it came out clear.On the day I went to sign paperwork for payroll... I was talking to the manager like normal and he goes 'well I'll contact you if you got the job' I'm like WTF!?!?! I already got the email congratulationg me and i was told i signing paperwork today me that hes starting the process over. When I called corporate they had the nerve to tell me that since i didn't sign the paper work yet, he didn't do anything wrong. i said yes he did he wasted my TIME!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for family dollar?
      What are your goals?
      What would you do if someone robbed the store?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Asked my name, wanted to be sure I had no restrictions that would keep me from being available to work all the time. And would I be willing to go pee in a cup.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sebring, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Sebring, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The position was in Napels, but I lived in Melbourne. So we met halfway in Sebring. I showed him my merchandising skills, and gowns would certain situations. I was asked pretty basic questions about paper work such as p and l reports.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal for you if you became a manager?   2 Answers

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I set down with the store and district manager. The entire interview focused on internal theft. And misuse of cell phones during work hours. Not my experience or desires for employment.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with a store trainer,than I did a review of 4-5 stores around the area. Met with DM, than phone interview with AOM. required a Drug test and background test.