Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

1.9

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Rome, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Turned in resume, called for interview, in person with HR, was taken around to different areas, saw the productions side, had small interviews with different team leads. finished up with online assessment

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2017.

Interview

I made an appointment via phone with the store manager for the initial interview. I came in at the scheduled time and he was runing register, which he continued to do during the entire 40 minutes. He did all of the talking. Explained the job details several times, kept repeating himself. I said a total of 23 words (yes i counted). He mostly spoke of himself and how he saved the store. The questions i was asked were, do you think you can recover and count money? Is your availability still open?

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can recover like that?   1 Answer
    • Can you count money?   1 Answer
    • Is your availability still open?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in May 2017.

Interview

I went in asked for a manager, an associate guided me to the back of the building in a warehouse setting. I interviewed directly with the District Manager. I felt like I was in a shark tank. It was ok, felt uneasy and a bit unwelcomed. He said someone will call me but I don't think that is gonna happen. He did ask me if I wanted to be a CSR if not a manager I said yes but was bit disappointed seeing as my qualifications and education level is above CSR standards yet alone assistant manager but in the end it's a race game. People look at your race regardless in Charlotte, NC. I just happen to look hispanic being interviewed by a African American man.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process went really well, they were very respectful and nice. If any one thought any different they are wrong. Family Dollar is a very beautiful company, people underestimate the company. The interview process makes you excited about wirking for Family Dollar

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Council Bluffs, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

Completed online job application. Called in for interview 2 days later. Very casual, very nice staff. Took drug screen within 48 hours, took 6 days to get results. Interviewed a second time, with the District Manager In Training. Very easy and informative. Got along great.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take a drug test?
      Are you willing to fill in at other regional stores if desperately needed?
      Have you ever been in management or retail before?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Cheyenne, WY).

Interview

It was an incredibly short process. I applied online and just a fww days later I was called in, ask a few questions, given a drug test, and hired on the spot. I started the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to take a drug test?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Snellville, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very easy to do. Interview only took about forty-five minutes, explaining what is needed and what your availability is, how many days or hours you can work and that you will be paid every week.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy and friendly process! Interview with store manager on Thursday drug test immediately after interview. He called to update me on Friday, Saturday and Tuesday (Easter weekend) Wednesday I was informed I'd had an interview with DM over the phone. Thursday the DM called me, she was very friendly and told me a lot of the company. 30 minutes after phone that I went into the store, was made an offer which I did have to negotiate but we settled on what I wanted. It was an all around easy and great process! All questions were basic retail management questions.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Jackson, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Very casual. Interviewed by another staff member and not the manager. Asked very personal questions that made me very uncomfortable. The interview was done in the employee break room which was very dirty, cluttered and unorganized with a terrible odor

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

This was a basic and sort of rushed interview. Is my availability wide open? Can I lift 30lbs unassisted? Am I able to unload freight trucks? Have I ever run a cash register? Drug tests are required by the company, a simple throw-away cup for a urine sample with a test strip. I've never known my store to actually use them, however. After the interview, usually on a Friday, you can expect to start working the following Sunday and get at least two weeks of guaranteed 40 hours for training as an assistant.