Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

1.9

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Rocky Mount, NC).

Interview

It was short and to the point. Wanted to know about past jobs how you felt about shrink.Can you handle all the requirements of the job and the physical aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

There was not an interview. I was amazed. I applied and spoke with the manager about 10 minutes. I was given an interview date and time. I showed up for the interview and went straight into new hire procedures.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2016.

Interview

Honestly the worst interview I have ever had . The interviewer was so unprofessional and so disrespectful. She started the interview with the basic tell me about yourself and that's literally the only question I got because after that she just started drilling me about how I have no experience so why do I want this job ? Why do I want to work here ? You don't even have any experience why did you apply. Even if I do get called again I'm not going nor am I accepting an offer if I do get one .!

Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Clarkston, GA).

Interview

I applied with resume and cover letter. I want up to the store to present it and she like the fact that I took my time and was preaistanc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be prepared and ask questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a fast process in which the store and floor manager was very welcoming and ask questions about being able to get the job done in a timely matter I was called in the next day for a interview with the district manager it seems he was more into the loss the stores been having due to employees

Customer Service Representative (Cashier) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Suffolk, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took about a week. I had applied on Thursday. I called them Monday morning and they told me that they'll take my name down. I called them back again on Wednesday and they told me to come in for an Interview that Friday.

Interview was very quick, manager sat down the entire time at a computer while I stood up. She asked me a few simple questions. Then she told me to go do a drug test and she ran my background information. Few days later I received an email conforming that I got the job and a phone call from them anger telling me to bring my ID and other cards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negations

Bulkorder Filler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Sat down with hr to answer some questions as a group then we came back to the site for 2 days of orientation overall i will say the process went real well learned alot.

Interview Questions

• Was i reliable could they depend on my work   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jack, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Jack, MS) in May 2016.

Interview

I spoke with the manager and he had me to submit my application online in the store then scheduled an interview and I was hired. The store manager was very informing and happy to answer any and all of the different questions that I had. He showed me around the store and also what my responsibilities would include. We went over the store rules and regulations. I also had to take some security tests.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundalk, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dundalk, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I had to wait about an hour before i was interviewed.
    There were two men in a room, both very nice and a pleasure to speak to.
    They didn't feel scary at all which was a plus!

Interview Questions

• When can you start work?
      Do you have transportation?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, submitted information and resume.
    Received a call one week later for appointment for interview
    I called multiple times to confirm appointment and to be sure it was that date
    Dressed up in a suit, waited patiently for 1-2 hours since manager was actually stocking that time, so she told me to wait.
    We sat down in her small office/security room for the interview.
    Handshake, typical introduction and asked questions like why should I be hired.
    Showed credentials and explained it would be my first job so it would be a good starting point. She agreed and from there did drug screening, showed resume and degrees to show that I'm competent at staying on the job/school.
    Issue came up with the hiring process since family dollar was bought out so I had to go in again and filled out the online application and come back on another day for it which is bad. Wastes pay and time for both employees and employers but it was beyond my managers control since the IDs system has changed completely because of the merge of dollar tree and family dollar.

Interview Questions

• What issues did you have in school or in life and how did you resolve it since you have never worked a job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just schedule for work/school