Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Eustis, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Eustis, FL).

Interview

It was a very brief interview. We had a standard introduction/meet and greet. He asked about my experience and how much I was looking to get paid. I gave my work history and how much I was looking to get paid. We agreed on a pay rate and I was hired soon after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Ft. Lauderdale store. Applied in-store on their terminal, there was no manager or assistant manager around.. Got called 2 days later, interview scheduled for Saturday. I arrive, again no manager. Employee calls her and says it's rescheduled for Wednesday. I arrive, store closed for repairs. What a big, fat waste of time an effort. The store itself seemed badly run, with employees loitering and texting. Management was non existant and apparently has questionable work and customer satisfaction ethics.

Interview Questions

• There was no question, as there was nobody there at both dates.   Answer Question

Allocator/Replenishment Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Matthews, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Process took 2 weeks. Before the interview process began, had to take an inventory assessment test. After that, I had 5 rounds of interviews with 2-3 people in each round. Went through my resume. The recruiters were really friendly. But a very long process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Far Rockaway, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Far Rockaway, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple. She asked if had experience in retail and I said restaurants. She explained the job is a bit difficult because there is always a mess and lots of orders to unpack and display. She said if I want the job its mine. She called me the next day to pick up the drug form.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2017.

Interview

Interview with dm about 30 minutes, then had interview with HR following week that lasted 30 minutes as well. Waited another week and finally offer came in. Not a bad process. The question were not difficult, just common sense relating to experience in retail.

Interview Questions

• What is shrink? And how do you stop it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call the next day. Went in. Was interviewed by two Store Managers (one from the store I applied to and one who was still training him). They asked basic questions about my work history and education. They asked me to leave for a minute. They came out and offered me a position as an Assistant Store Manager on the spot (even though I had applied for the "lower" CSR position).

Honestly I feel as if the interview was too casual and relaxed. It seemed as if they were more desperate for an assistant manager than I was for a job.

There is an online personality test and a drug test required. They will also run a background check.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Very laid back and unorganized. Seemed like noone knew what was going on. Asked a few questions then handed me a cup to pee in. Let me take my stuff with me so totally could've faked it if need be

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

pretty easy interview waiting on background check not sure when I will get a response I'm sure that I will get the job. I applied for a part time position

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bradford, VT) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was nice. Was with the Store Manager. Pretty much went over the role, my work experience and availability. We then discussed the rest of the process and took a tour of the store as well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It went pretty good overall, the manager was nice and explained what I'd have to do if I were to get the job and how much I'd get paid. Told me they were short handed so they were in need of people. Took me to the back to do a drug test and after told me I was good to go, that they'd call me back to take a test online after the background check was finished.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to school? And if you are what time do you usually go?   Answer Question