Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a fast process in which the store and floor manager was very welcoming and ask questions about being able to get the job done in a timely matter I was called in the next day for a interview with the district manager it seems he was more into the loss the stores been having due to employees

Customer Service Representative (Cashier) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Suffolk, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took about a week. I had applied on Thursday. I called them Monday morning and they told me that they'll take my name down. I called them back again on Wednesday and they told me to come in for an Interview that Friday.

Interview was very quick, manager sat down the entire time at a computer while I stood up. She asked me a few simple questions. Then she told me to go do a drug test and she ran my background information. Few days later I received an email conforming that I got the job and a phone call from them anger telling me to bring my ID and other cards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negations

Bulkorder Filler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Sat down with hr to answer some questions as a group then we came back to the site for 2 days of orientation overall i will say the process went real well learned alot.

Interview Questions

• Was i reliable could they depend on my work   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jack, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Jack, MS) in May 2016.

Interview

I spoke with the manager and he had me to submit my application online in the store then scheduled an interview and I was hired. The store manager was very informing and happy to answer any and all of the different questions that I had. He showed me around the store and also what my responsibilities would include. We went over the store rules and regulations. I also had to take some security tests.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundalk, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dundalk, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I had to wait about an hour before i was interviewed.
    There were two men in a room, both very nice and a pleasure to speak to.
    They didn't feel scary at all which was a plus!

Interview Questions

• When can you start work?
      Do you have transportation?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, submitted information and resume.
    Received a call one week later for appointment for interview
    I called multiple times to confirm appointment and to be sure it was that date
    Dressed up in a suit, waited patiently for 1-2 hours since manager was actually stocking that time, so she told me to wait.
    We sat down in her small office/security room for the interview.
    Handshake, typical introduction and asked questions like why should I be hired.
    Showed credentials and explained it would be my first job so it would be a good starting point. She agreed and from there did drug screening, showed resume and degrees to show that I'm competent at staying on the job/school.
    Issue came up with the hiring process since family dollar was bought out so I had to go in again and filled out the online application and come back on another day for it which is bad. Wastes pay and time for both employees and employers but it was beyond my managers control since the IDs system has changed completely because of the merge of dollar tree and family dollar.

Interview Questions

• What issues did you have in school or in life and how did you resolve it since you have never worked a job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just schedule for work/school

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy the head manager ask me a few questions and told me what I was going to be doing. So overall it was a pretty easy not to much to say because she just asked me a few questions I'm guessing to see if I was honest and hired me on the spot took the drug test and all that day

Interview Questions

• What make you chose this employment?
      In 3 words how would you discribe your personality?
      1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Filled our online Application, conducted a phone interview, scheduled and taken a 1-1 interview, consent to drug testing, received paperwork to complete the drug screen,consent to background check. Once all is completed they give you a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you or have you ever worked for a non-profit?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

A joke if they like you your in. They base soley on personality most times. Some experience helps. Its mostly them talking to you to get to know you. Alot of times they drug test on the spot and as soon as the background check comes back you start

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very eager to hire some one.Very non professional. I was on time but he was to busy to start the interview.work place was a mess an out of control very unstable. Very small offices .

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you are right for the job.   1 Answer