Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Shreveport, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

Hired Immediately Did paperwork Got paper work for a drug test. Got my proof for my I-9 and my W-4. Got my schedule. Gave my last job a notice. Started immediately after my last job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Reno, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Just a few questions, light environment and no stress at all, Explained the position role, pay rate, benefits, and then start with the questions related to my work experience.
    I got to the store at the scheduled and I was immediately interviewed by the store manager, a polite and friendly person. It made the interview an easy step.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience? Where did you acquire it?   1 Answer

Replenishment Buyer/Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Matthews, NC).

Interview

I would like to recommend changes to the interview process. A second phone interview by a manager is needed in order to avoid wasted time for both parties. I experienced a bad interview with family dollar. A couple members of management were bothered because my experience was not equivalent to retail. A certain red head senior manager was horrible and immature displaying frequent eye rolls, scoffs, and behavior to try to belittle me. As a fellow human being, you should always show respect and display pleasant behavior no matter what your status is within a company. After all, your not curing cancer by any means. Showing common courtesy should be part of the company's profile. I feel like you should interview someone respectfully and simply not contact them for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Family Dollar?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2016.

Interview

It went great because i got hired the same day as my interview overall i am happy i got the job nowbi can look forward in going to work daily

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good offet

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview process began with the first interview.
    My first interview was with the training manager, He was nice and polite even though he was very busy we spoke about my experience and of course my concerns etc. the interview lasted about 30 mins and at the end he let me know i had passed the first interview and he would be informing the district manager that he wanted to push me to the second interview.
    My second interview was the following week on a Monday which is there truck day, so again they were very busy. They were running a little off schedule because there were multiple interviews cramped together, (which made me nervous) When it was my turn I shook off my nerves and began my interview with the two district managers whom were present, It went by nice and easy we spoke about my experience again and my salary I was asking they gave my a little insider on what I would be doing if hired and we even spoke about our pets lol. Mostly every other person had atleast 15 years of management experience, to my 2 years but I was excited to get my call and here they were offering more then my desired salary.. needless to say i'm excited

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Very informal interview that lasted about 10 minutes. Asked a few questions about my work ethic (not the typical standard questions) and manager hired me on the spot. This being my first real job was a breeze and as someone who struggled with being timid the lax environment of this interview made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an issue working with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Tampa, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was brief, it did not last longer than 30 minutes. The questions were really focused on your past employment and you as a person. They really want to understand their employees. It was probably one of the most enjoyable interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you encountered at your last position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

It was straight to the point.. alot eye contact..
    They show me around the store. Manger went over the rule guide line.. introduce me to other manger to the store and Co- worker

Interview Questions

• How long I live in Chicago, do I think I can handle this proposition..   1 Answer

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress and pressure   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative (Cashier) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Mobile, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

Called me to come in Saturday morning told me what was expected and that was it. Just said she likes to give everyone hours and hates when people call out. Call out you have the risk of losing your job.