Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, submitted information and resume.
    Received a call one week later for appointment for interview
    I called multiple times to confirm appointment and to be sure it was that date
    Dressed up in a suit, waited patiently for 1-2 hours since manager was actually stocking that time, so she told me to wait.
    We sat down in her small office/security room for the interview.
    Handshake, typical introduction and asked questions like why should I be hired.
    Showed credentials and explained it would be my first job so it would be a good starting point. She agreed and from there did drug screening, showed resume and degrees to show that I'm competent at staying on the job/school.
    Issue came up with the hiring process since family dollar was bought out so I had to go in again and filled out the online application and come back on another day for it which is bad. Wastes pay and time for both employees and employers but it was beyond my managers control since the IDs system has changed completely because of the merge of dollar tree and family dollar.

Interview Questions

• What issues did you have in school or in life and how did you resolve it since you have never worked a job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just schedule for work/school

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy the head manager ask me a few questions and told me what I was going to be doing. So overall it was a pretty easy not to much to say because she just asked me a few questions I'm guessing to see if I was honest and hired me on the spot took the drug test and all that day

Interview Questions

• What make you chose this employment?
      In 3 words how would you discribe your personality?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Filled our online Application, conducted a phone interview, scheduled and taken a 1-1 interview, consent to drug testing, received paperwork to complete the drug screen,consent to background check. Once all is completed they give you a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you or have you ever worked for a non-profit?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

A joke if they like you your in. They base soley on personality most times. Some experience helps. Its mostly them talking to you to get to know you. Alot of times they drug test on the spot and as soon as the background check comes back you start

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very eager to hire some one.Very non professional. I was on time but he was to busy to start the interview.work place was a mess an out of control very unstable. Very small offices .

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you are right for the job.   1 Answer

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Even if you didn't have previous experience. If you seem like a hard worker and they like you the job is yours. Just be yourself. Also, if you were referring you automatically got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Shreveport, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

Hired Immediately Did paperwork Got paper work for a drug test. Got my proof for my I-9 and my W-4. Got my schedule. Gave my last job a notice. Started immediately after my last job.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Reno, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Just a few questions, light environment and no stress at all, Explained the position role, pay rate, benefits, and then start with the questions related to my work experience.
    I got to the store at the scheduled and I was immediately interviewed by the store manager, a polite and friendly person. It made the interview an easy step.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience? Where did you acquire it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Was pretty easy straight forward and serious no jokes straight to the point of what is needed and what isn't for the position. But one needs to be ready if they do ask if you'd give your time to that job position which is good and bad tho but was straight forward about it.

Replenishment Buyer/Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Matthews, NC).

Interview

I would like to recommend changes to the interview process. A second phone interview by a manager is needed in order to avoid wasted time for both parties. I experienced a bad interview with family dollar. A couple members of management were bothered because my experience was not equivalent to retail. A certain red head senior manager was horrible and immature displaying frequent eye rolls, scoffs, and behavior to try to belittle me. As a fellow human being, you should always show respect and display pleasant behavior no matter what your status is within a company. After all, your not curing cancer by any means. Showing common courtesy should be part of the company's profile. I feel like you should interview someone respectfully and simply not contact them for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Family Dollar?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself   1 Answer