Family Dollar Stores Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Good experience. Fun environment. Hard work sometimes. Customer service oriented. Can be fun and rewarding job if your willing to put in the work. Management is helpful and rewards hard workers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Columbus, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

i was asked my strengths and weaknesses, I was asked about my past jobs and what I was responsible for in those jobs. I really dont remember much else. I was asked how many people I was used to working with.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of me going out of my way for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Cleveland, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

pretty basic put app n call n for interview with DM if they like u will offer a job on spot if they say they will call they wont. Pretty straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dayton, OH) in July 2010.

Interview

Im went to an open recruitment and was called for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee that you saw steal something from the company?   1 Answer
    • What are your strenghts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Denver, CO) in September 2009.

Interview

I had noticed a series of ads on line for store manager position. I had to admit that I was leery of a company who could not find managers in the middle of this economy but I called and got an appointment right away(another sign of desparation?). I met with a district or supervisory manager in a small craped office. He is the "new sheriff in town" and basically told me that he was sent here to clean things up. Apparent;ly the last guy left things in a shamb;les. He was quite full of himself and assured me that he was the best DM i would ever work for. The salary offer was quite low and i had to pee in a cup as part of my interview.

Interview Questions

• How many hours a week was i expecting to work?   2 Answers

I went to a family dollar in my neighborhood and had a conversation with the manager but did not tell him i had applied for a job. he told me of help shortages, long hours with no overtime, work details to clean up other stores.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2010.

Interview

reviewed sales ,losses hiring and training

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewed and was told over qualified - but would pass my resume on to superiors - never heard anything

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to down grade to a store manager?   1 Answer