Family Dollar Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a fast process in which the store and floor manager was very welcoming and ask questions about being able to get the job done in a timely matter I was called in the next day for a interview with the district manager it seems he was more into the loss the stores been having due to employees

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Lansing, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager who was very nice, very professional, very skilled, very prompt, very clear, veryy concise, very accomodating. It was very laid back. I had to take a drug test which I wasn't at all concerned about since I don't do drugs. I also had to have a background check done. I wasn't worried about that either because I am a law-abiding citizen.

Anonymous Employee in Dixmoor, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dixmoor, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was short and easy, very simple questions. The hiring manager ask can I be here very early in the morning around 6:00am to start my shift of unloading the huge semi 18 wheeler delivery truck by myself, after that start stocking the store from said truck until 3pm.

Interview Questions

• What time can you start, can you work weekends, will you be willing to except this very low pay and be our slave etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation of salary was very simple, basically you either except there offer of only very little pay or they are not going to hire you that simple pretty much.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Louisville, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Well first we will have to set it up and make a time to meet and then you meet and then the manger ask you questions and then in a few days they will call you to tell you if you need another interview or to tell you if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you be good at if you worked here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Late arrival as a manger....no organization...rude employees, slowfulness...questions he asked pertained more to personal inquiries than work.

Interview Questions

• do I think I will be a good employee   1 Answer

there was no interest

Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bayonne, NE) in October 2013.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. They didn't ask many questions and also didnt pry into my work history or anything. Pretty standard interview process, I would even describe it as minimal.

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Livonia, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Had to take a questionnaire that was a bit lengthy. Got a call a few days later asking if I wanted to come in for an interview the next day. I did. Very basic interview, no trick questions. Will ask you why you left your lost job if you did quit, just say it was for personal reasons if you left it because it was a bad job. Asked me if I live close enough to make it to work on time without hassles. Took a drug test right there in the store with some instant drug testing thing. Offered a starting wage of 7.45/hr, accepted, and I will start working immediately after they get my background check results in. I got along well with my interviewer and am overall looking forward to my new job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

7.45/hr, no negotiating the wage.

Anonymous Employee in Beulaville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Beulaville, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

DM phone call, quick, simple, easy

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Online application, several questions, most of them redundant. There are several parts to do with taxes and harassment. Several parts to do with payment methods. It took a long time to be processed and it was not worth my time. It was very unprofessional and they were all uncaring about my understanding of the work to be asked of me. I did not stay employed here longer than one day, the manager was not even supposed to hire the mass of people that were hired.

Negotiation

Very unprofessional and trivial. Process took way longer than it needed to.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Detroit, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

Just had a talk with the manager of the store and she really liked my personality. She had me fill out an app., take a personality test, and 3 days later, I had the job.