Family Dollar Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Dollar Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New Haven, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in to follow up on my application and the manager told me to come in the next day for an interview. He didn't really ask much he was mostly telling me about what I would be doing and how to handle suspicious customers when working a night shift. He said if he chose me I would receive a call before Friday the next week. A week has gone by and unfortunately he has moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Interview was outside while she smoked a cigg. Hired that day but had to take a urine drug test (same day) called me after my background check came back an started the next day.

Interview Questions

• 1 question; Why do you want to work for family dollar?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Snellville, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very easy to do. Interview only took about forty-five minutes, explaining what is needed and what your availability is, how many days or hours you can work and that you will be paid every week.

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Carlisle, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a store manager from a different location, who was the mother in law of my store manager. My store manager had no prior interviewing or hiring experience so she sat in on the process but mainly just observed. It went ok although both seemed to be a bit rude and not very well versed with customer service skills and neither seemed very happy to be there that day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Brief rude and unprofessional i wouldve kept my old job with less pay becausr the wirk environment was more suitable and comforting to all races and backgrounds of customers and employees

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (North Little Rock, AR) in August 2010.

Interview

Asked a couple questions, drug test, new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you saw someone shoplifting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New Orleans, LA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was for a position at the store nearest to my home but I was asked if i could work at a new location that just reopened that just so happen to be near my child's school. The interview was very brief and only basic questions and answers. The drug test was what took the longest to come back and some paper work took a while but I was hired with minor bumps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate some but I feel that I was wronged in the end. But I just that my personal experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Late arrival as a manger....no organization...rude employees, slowfulness...questions he asked pertained more to personal inquiries than work.

Interview Questions

• do I think I will be a good employee   1 Answer

there was no interest

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a store asking me if I could just work weekends and although I preffered to work more hours I said yes. The manager than told me that he was still reveiwing applications and just wanted to make sure that we were on the same page and hung up. A week later got a phone call from another store asking me to come in for an interview that afternoon. I came in asked one of the associates for the manager and she brought him to me. He than shook my hand and invited me into his office. He asked very few questions., in fact i asked most of the questions during the interview. THe manager than thanked me for my time and told me that I would have a second interview. Too bad i didnt read this site first. If i had i would have known that their Family Dollar does not do second interviews. I followed up three times and each time the manager told me he had not spoken to the manager who was supposed to do my secondin interview. However after the third I kinda figured he had no intention of hiring me. Which was fine. IM a hard worker, I love working in retail ( a rarity ) and intend to make a career out of it. So it was his loss not mine. Found a better job elsewhere making way more than minimum wage he was going to offer me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Family Dollar   Answer Question
    • What would my previous supervisors say about me ??   Answer Question
    • Can I come to work on time and perform the task within the time frame specified by the Family Dollar   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Online application, several questions, most of them redundant. There are several parts to do with taxes and harassment. Several parts to do with payment methods. It took a long time to be processed and it was not worth my time. It was very unprofessional and they were all uncaring about my understanding of the work to be asked of me. I did not stay employed here longer than one day, the manager was not even supposed to hire the mass of people that were hired.

Negotiation

Very unprofessional and trivial. Process took way longer than it needed to.