Family Dollar Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

1.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Interview was outside while she smoked a cigg. Hired that day but had to take a urine drug test (same day) called me after my background check came back an started the next day.

Interview Questions

• 1 question; Why do you want to work for family dollar?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Snellville, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very easy to do. Interview only took about forty-five minutes, explaining what is needed and what your availability is, how many days or hours you can work and that you will be paid every week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a fast process in which the store and floor manager was very welcoming and ask questions about being able to get the job done in a timely matter I was called in the next day for a interview with the district manager it seems he was more into the loss the stores been having due to employees

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Lansing, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager who was very nice, very professional, very skilled, very prompt, very clear, veryy concise, very accomodating. It was very laid back. I had to take a drug test which I wasn't at all concerned about since I don't do drugs. I also had to have a background check done. I wasn't worried about that either because I am a law-abiding citizen.

Anonymous Employee in Dixmoor, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dixmoor, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was short and easy, very simple questions. The hiring manager ask can I be here very early in the morning around 6:00am to start my shift of unloading the huge semi 18 wheeler delivery truck by myself, after that start stocking the store from said truck until 3pm.

Interview Questions

• What time can you start, can you work weekends, will you be willing to except this very low pay and be our slave etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation of salary was very simple, basically you either except there offer of only very little pay or they are not going to hire you that simple pretty much.

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Carlisle, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a store manager from a different location, who was the mother in law of my store manager. My store manager had no prior interviewing or hiring experience so she sat in on the process but mainly just observed. It went ok although both seemed to be a bit rude and not very well versed with customer service skills and neither seemed very happy to be there that day.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Louisville, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Well first we will have to set it up and make a time to meet and then you meet and then the manger ask you questions and then in a few days they will call you to tell you if you need another interview or to tell you if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you be good at if you worked here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Late arrival as a manger....no organization...rude employees, slowfulness...questions he asked pertained more to personal inquiries than work.

Interview Questions

• do I think I will be a good employee   1 Answer

there was no interest

Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bayonne, NE) in October 2013.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. They didn't ask many questions and also didnt pry into my work history or anything. Pretty standard interview process, I would even describe it as minimal.

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Livonia, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Had to take a questionnaire that was a bit lengthy. Got a call a few days later asking if I wanted to come in for an interview the next day. I did. Very basic interview, no trick questions. Will ask you why you left your lost job if you did quit, just say it was for personal reasons if you left it because it was a bad job. Asked me if I live close enough to make it to work on time without hassles. Took a drug test right there in the store with some instant drug testing thing. Offered a starting wage of 7.45/hr, accepted, and I will start working immediately after they get my background check results in. I got along well with my interviewer and am overall looking forward to my new job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

7.45/hr, no negotiating the wage.