Family Dollar Stores Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Family Dollar Stores

1.2

Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in May 2014.

Interview

There really wasn't much of an interview. I arrived to the store and the manager asked a few questions regarding my age and my previous work history. After that I was instructed to take a drug test. After completion of the drug test I was added to the system and instructed to finish the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phrase.

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgeland, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Ridgeland, MS) in March 2014.

Interview

I was called about 6 weeks after applying for a Temporary Customer Service Representative at a new location that was being built in my city. The manager interviewed me at a location in another city since the one in my city wasn't ready yet. She asked about my past experience, availability, salary requirements and why I left. I could tell by her her facial expressions regarding my answers that she did not approve so I don't expect a callback.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Well the hiring process was fairly quickly, I applied online two weeks before I got an email inviting me to go to an interview. I showed up to my interview 15 mins early along with 3 other people, the performance manager went ahead and held our interview early that was 5 mins. Basically just saying to go take a drug test and that they would be in contact with us to help set up the store because this was a new location. Then I recently just got an email to sign the onboard training. Yay!!!

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are in a group stand out, dress professionally, and ask plenty of questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Jamaica, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application on the family dollar website, for a new store that was opening up not too far from my home. I received a call back about a week and a half later from a manager of another store who was conducting interviews, since the store I applied to had not opened up yet. I was asked to come in for an interview the next day, and the process was very simple. The manager who conducted my interview was very nice and did not ask me many questions. She was more interested in explaining to me the details of the position and in my availability. The whole process lasted about 5 minutes, and afterwords she told me that I would be receiving a call from another manager to bring in my State ID and my social security card. I was also asked to take a drug test within the next 24 hours. Unfortunately, even tho I successfully completed and passed my drug test, I never received that secondary call to bring in my information. Even after several attempts to get in contact with the manager that interviewed me, I was unable to reach her and thus missed the starting date for the position.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (El Paso, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I just showed up and was instantly told what kind of duties I'd be given. Was told to constantly be doing things if I wanted to keep working there. She told me how much I'd be paid hourly (7.25) and where I'd be working at.
    I think it's a common process since they did that to me as well when I was transferred.

Interview Questions

• Can you come back later because the systems aren't working right now?   1 Answer