Family Fare Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Family Fare

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Fare (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

It was a typical interview. We went into his office where he had my application pulled up on a computer and he had a list of questions that he had printed out. We went through my resume and had me explain my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Fare

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Fare (Omaha, NE) in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy and laid back with minimum questions. The whole process took like 20 minutes. The questions were typical of any part time job really. You go into the store and sit down with a manager and hammer out like 15 questions and leave. They call back in a week or so and that's it really. They may hit you with a drug test but its random.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Fare in June 2012.

Interview

I previously applied online at their spartan stores website, and walked in and met the manager in person. I told him that I applied, he told me they weren't busy but would keep in contact. A few weeks later he called back saying he had interviews and asked me if I wanted to go in, I said yes. So I walked in a few days later dressed in nice black pants and a black shirt, (they have employees wearing all black with a black belt) so I tried to please them that manner. I noticed he liked neat and tidy employees, so I tried to mimic their style. He sat me down and we talked about things like my favorite class in high school, my age, a language I speak, and if I were readily available. I was, so he told me he'd keep in contact. A week later he called me and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite class in High School?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Family Fare in January 2010.

Interview

It seemed to be very impersonal. They have a computer station where you can apply for a job. It seems the the work isn't too high stress. I think it is definitely much harder to get a job without knowing someone at the company. The company does not respond to applications that are not accepted.

I joined the military.