Family Heritage Life Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Heritage Life Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

No felony and a good getter attitude? Your hired!

It's a 100% sales commission career you are hiring them. Find a good team to be a part of. Do some research some are better than others. Ask one of the other associates out to lunch without the director and ask them about how they compare to the other teams.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was two main steps. The first step was an informative group interview in which we were encouraged to ask questions, describe what we were looking for in a career and rate ourselves in how appropriate we thought we were for the job.

In between the first interview and second I was given the opportunity to shadow a manager to gain an understanding of the sales role (mostly door to door or business to business) which I asked for.

I came prepared with a list of questions for my second interview, described why I thought I was a good candidate and was offered the job.

Overall the company was very transparent with me so I could know exactly what my role would be, but I had to ask questions to get answers.

Interview Questions

• 1) As this role is commission-based, how will you handle pressure if you aren't successful your first few days?   2 Answers

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance in October 2016.

Interview

Total process took three days. I was called by a recruiter, interview the next day and then accepted the position on the third day. The owner that hired me wanted to get to know my personal background, competitiveness, and personality. He sold me on the policy I would be selling, it's something that I believe in and everyone should have it.

Interview Questions

• How competitive am I?
      Sales experience?
      Willingness to travel and do outside sales?
      1 Answer

Independent Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Greenville, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

First contact was a phone call confirming interest followed by setting an online meet-up for the first interview. Initial and secondary interviews were conducted via GoTo meeting...were primarily informational in nature. Final interview was in-person...standard questions. However, it more like a sales pitch rather than an interview...

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about taking no for an answer...a lot?   Answer Question

Independent Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, webcam interview, final interview(also webcam)
    Pretty calm process, lots of character questions. Overall I'd say fairly honest to the position. Said the word family plenty but it was more like a cult. almost felt like a pyramid scheme.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance.

Interview

None. They are a pyramid scheme and they actively seek out you making it seem as though it's a great opportunity. They sign you up and then you have to pay for a fingerprinting process and insurance license. They don't reimburse. Then there are training sessions they send you to after you agree to such a "great opportunity." I'll give them one thing: they are great salespeople.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Greenville, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. First interview is a group Web interview basically just information on the company and job. Second interview is one on one Web interview going into more detail. Third interview Is in person and this is where they offer the Job if they are going to. Laid back style no pressure.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager, no sales experience is required but must study for and pass health insurance test and become licensed by the state. After licensing will attend 4 days of training which expenses are paid for by company.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a company? What's important to you in life.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (Ruston, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

Wanted to meet in a group of people. Not professional to me. I asked when I was approached for the interview to meet one on one instead of in a whole group. He did allow that. I felt like I had known the guy for a long time he made the process very easy. I was called back and asked to come back the next day and offered the job. But I do not have Insurance experience. This job is door to door and I am not willing to do that. I know people need Insurance and this is great product for sure. But I am not a vacuum cleaner salesman. That is what I would feel like.

Interview Questions

• With a resume like mine how come I was not employed. What was wrong with me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Heritage Life Insurance (El Paso, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It is fairly easy. I applied on Indeed. Got an email asking me to go in for a interview. Basically they just explain what the company is about. Then you do a phone interview . Then they ask you to put together some paperwork for them and they send you to either Nashville or Dallas for 4 days.