Family Preservation Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Family Preservation Services

Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Preservation Services (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying, I was contacted immediately to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled and held. I was clear in the interview and on my resume about my clinical experience, education and background (which met the requirements) and left feeling confident. After being contacted again about my qualifications in a follow up phone call, I later received an email from the office admin staff stating their apologies that there were no "entry level positions" available at this time. It was pretty insulting. I ended up accepting a job at a competing organization who requires the same qualifications of their applicants. Overall, very disappointing... and honestly, confusing.

School Based Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Preservation Services (Columbus, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I was told that I was interviewing for a school based therapist position. When I arrived, the director immediately pressured me to learn more about the intensive in-home team lead role. I was given an extremely low offer for SBT to pressure me into taking the intensive in home position.

Behavior Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Preservation Services (Roanoke, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application after arriving at the office. Sat in an office with the current supervisor and/or Regional Coordinator. Chatted with them and answered questions regarding past experience, and current lifestyle.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Preservation Services (Cape Coral, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Informal. Provided job description before interview to review and was asked about it during the interview. Interviewed with two department heads who both used the same set of pre-developed questions. Interviewers were very friendly. I asked some questions at the end and they seemed caught off guard that I did that.

Interview Questions

• Based on the job description, what traits do you think we are looking for   Answer Question

Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Preservation Services (Abingdon, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, TB and drug screening, background check, toured the school where I would be placed to get acquainted with administration there, then received offer. The phone interviews were the most difficult part being that I was on the other side of the country at the time. I was worried initially that being alone with my toddler in the house would negatively impact the interview but the interviewer was understanding. All the questions were clear and we had a good rapport by the 2nd round of interviews and when we finally got to meet face to face several weeks later. The ability to interview through a web meeting platform would have been preferable.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior work history with children or young adults in a clinical capacity.   Answer Question