Family Video Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Video Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Video (Peoria, IL).

Interview

The interview process was in 3 parts. I first met with the regional manager for one interview. Then i met with the regional manager again for a timed math and problem solving test. Lastly, i met with the district manager for the final interview. Overall, wasn't too terrible of a process, definitely not the most difficult I've ever had.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Video

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Video in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy enough. Very casual. The store manager asked some questions, got a general feel of your interaction skills. If you succeed in the first interview you meet with the district manager for a similar question and answer session. There is also a test involved. The test is ridiculously hard for working in a video store. But I made it.

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Video (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

Had to meet multiple times throughout the interview process. Twice with the manager of the store, then once with the district manager. After that, I had to schedule a test that I had to take that included roughly nine parts. This test had things like mental math and alphabetizing. All parts were timed so you only got a few minutes per section to complete it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Video (Defiance, OH).

Interview

The interview was typical and extremely relaxed. We just stood between some of the aisles and the manager asked me easy questions about my personality and past experiences.

The second part of the interview was an extremely hard timed test. There were over 3 sections on this test and the largest amount of time you had was 5 minutes. There was two math portions where you could not use a calculator. As a high-school student this test was harder to me than the SAT. You also had to take the test in the middle of the store with all the distractions around you.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing to handle in your life and how has that changed you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Fast, direct conversation. Interviewers were nice. Attended an open interview session as and spoke with a CSR as well as a manager. An assessment followed (test) that had multiple times sections. After that you meet with the hiring District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Discussed my education, goals, hobbies, and work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pat time position. Rate was non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Video (Zanesville, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Short, easy and fast. I sent in my application online on a Friday, got called on Monday for an interview. Did the interview one on one at the store on a Wednesday and got told on that Friday they were going with other applicants. Manager was very nice during the interview and we had a good talk he just didn't feel I was right for the position, but nobody I know of that interviewed that week got hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Who is your person hero, the person in your life you look up to?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to deal with something in your life not going as expected?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Video in July 2015.

Interview

This was a long process, 2 weeks start to finish. Interviewed with store manager, which was fairly relaxed and easy, and was then asked to set up for the proficiency test the next day. Test covers math and organization and reading comprehension and spelling. I found most of the test easy but struggled with the math. It was math that should be learned in 6th-7th grade so refresh on decimals and adding, subtracting, multiplying fractions. It is timed so do not spend too long on any one question. Learned after 4 days that I passed and 2 days later was set up with the district manager. When I arrived for this interview I was surprised and met with 2 people higher up than the district manager for my final interview. Was a bit more structured but still didn't feel too overall difficult. However in the end I did not receive a job offer. Still an overall good experience though. Taught me a lot about interviewing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Applied on Craigslist. Was called within 3 days. First interviewed with the store manager, next a 30 minute test - math, reading, etc. Next interview with district manager. All pretty straightforward.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Video in June 2015.

Interview

Asked if I could apply. Took a test. Got another interview. Started training. You have to speak with a variety of managers, but that can takes a few days to several weeks depending on when they can make it to the store.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came up with three sticker movies and one thing of candy and a game?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Video (Columbus, IN).

Interview

I applied online, I interviewed in store out front. I took a written test out front. The manager interiewing you will need to wait on customers as they are interviewing you. The test is one point each, so do not spend time on the long multiplication problem. Leave it to last. Doing something that takes time caust you a point expecially if you could have dont three by skipping something. Study your math. 70.00 less 20%. The boxed area of math is very time comsuming. Not alot of math but seems to weigh more than other tests. If you can not find the wrong number move on to the next one. So I missed getting the job by 5 points. Part-time is 70%. I had a great interview. You may reapply in 6 months, but they switch out new test each 6 months.

Interview Questions

• The box area is not sudoko as they say. It is across and over addition to find the wrong number in the box. Three numbers like 6,4,2 =12 or 6,4,3 = 14 So the wrong number is 3. This takes time, find it or move to the next box. Best achivement and turing point in your life. Just be positive.   1 Answer