Family Video Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.6

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Video in April 2015.

Interview

Two step hiring process until your DM gives you the go ahead to start hiring on your own people. I would recommend showing up with your APP in person and NEVER write that you just "need a job". Basically an automatic disqualification

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Video

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Family Video (Columbus, IN).

Interview

I applied online, I interviewed in store out front. I took a written test out front. The manager interiewing you will need to wait on customers as they are interviewing you. The test is one point each, so do not spend time on the long multiplication problem. Leave it to last. Doing something that takes time caust you a point expecially if you could have dont three by skipping something. Study your math. 70.00 less 20%. The boxed area of math is very time comsuming. Not alot of math but seems to weigh more than other tests. If you can not find the wrong number move on to the next one. So I missed getting the job by 5 points. Part-time is 70%. I had a great interview. You may reapply in 6 months, but they switch out new test each 6 months.

Interview Questions

• The box area is not sudoko as they say. It is across and over addition to find the wrong number in the box. Three numbers like 6,4,2 =12 or 6,4,3 = 14 So the wrong number is 3. This takes time, find it or move to the next box. Best achivement and turing point in your life. Just be positive.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Video (Burton, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week later to schedule an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early (just to be safe) and I had to walk around the store for a bit before she was ready to do the interview. When she was finally ready I was surprised to see that another girl was going to be present for the interview. It didn't bother me though as they both seemed nice. We went into one of the movie isles and began the very informal interview. I was asked why I wanted to work there, what my favorite movie was, what my former jobs were, if I was currently employed, what I was going to school for, and what else I liked to do besides watching movies. I also asked both women a few questions. Everything seemed to go great. They were very friendly and said they had a few more interviews and would be doing callbacks later in the day. Contrary to how I felt the interview went, I did not receive a call later that day (or the next). As I said, everything seemed great (friendly conversation with lots of laughs) so I'm not sure why I didn't get a call. It would have been nice to get a call even if they weren't continuing the hiring process just so I could know. This was my second interview with Family Video (the first being several years ago) and even though they were very simple and laid-back, I have to say that I'm disappointed with both experiences overall.

Interview Questions

• They were all very simple and personal questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Online or in store application. Interview is only about 15 minutes long, if you are liked you will be asked to take a test. After passing the test you meet with a district manager who will most likely approve and finalize the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• There is a test that you must pass to be hired for this position. It contains a decent amount of math, correcting spelling errors, alphabetizing, and other skills that are used regularly in the position. If you are just awful at math and cannot do long division, percentages, or fractions under pressure (test is timed and not taken in a quiet environment) than do not bother applying.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is zero negotiation until after 30 days of employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Video (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Went into store and filled out an application and then was scheduled for an interview later that week. 2 days later had the interview. It lasted about 10-15 minutes. I was asked about my customer service skills and why I wanted to work for them. It seemed like I really hit it off with the manager. I was told that I would be called by 5pm the next day if they were interested in me. I was also told that the next step would be an assessment and interview with district manager.

Interview Questions

• Just behavior questions inquiring about how you handle customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Video (Mount Pleasant, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

There is a group interview followed by a somewhat difficult clerical test. If you pass that, you earn an interview with the manager and if the manager likes you, you get an interview with the district manager. The clerical test has 8 sections which are made up of math, story problems, spelling, alphabetizing, and reading. Each section is also timed. You must pass the test with around 70% to get the manager interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Interview, super ridiculous test, and then another interview.....all on different days. Then wait 2 weeks to find out if you are hired, call them yourself to see if you are hired, find out you are hired and they want you, but not till next week, train for 4 hours, they forget you exists for a couple weeks and you forget what u learned, come back in after they finally call you, get treated like crap by manager and other employee........terrible experience, cannot wait for my next shift :( and all this for a minimum wage job.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions during interview but be aware they are looking for personality, not movie buffs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.....you get what you get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Video (Youngstown, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

My first interview was at the front checkout desk, was very simple and easy. I was invited to take a "test" that was said to contain some math. When I arrived to take the test I was sat down in the open amongst the customers browsing and was timed for each section about 4-5 minutes. Most of the questions on the test are not overtly difficult but virtually needless in comparison to the needed so-called skill set to checkout videos. I passed the test and was offered a 2nd interview which I thought was tentative to being hired. The interview was given out in front of the store, which is a strange venue to say the least to conduct any interview. It went well, the majority of the subject matter was based on my experiences and what I thought about family video and why I would like to work there. The process in general was pretty unprofessional which is ironic because of the test involved. I awaited for a call for a week and contacted the store myself. Was told ,'you were not mentioned to me, so he must be persuing another candidate..." I have an Associates degree in IT, I'm working on my business management degree and I'm very outgoing and personable. I was a referral also so... If I can't land the job, what the hell do they want? Come on...

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you want to work for Family Video?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Video (Springfield, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

After you fill out an application, she/he will call you within a day of turning it in. You'll then have to take a test which is testing your knowledge on basic information. Such as vocabulary, math, and problem solving. If you pass the test then you get the final interview with the district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Video (Akron, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and laid back at the same time. I interviewed with the store and district manager. Once I was done with the interviews, I had to take a written test which involved math, spelling, organization, etc. The test was timed.