Family Video Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Family Video Manager Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Video (Sterling Heights, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called for interview. 1st interview in store then asked to return for testing. Then returned for interview with district manager. Interview was done in between current employees waiting on customers and testing also done right in store.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Video

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Video in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application on line. Got a call a week later to set up a in person interview. I was asked my current living arrangements. The in person interview wasn't too hard. I found the interview to be unprofessional. It was done on the sales floor and interrupted multiple times by the person interviewing me assisting customers.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Video in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application in person and was called 3 days later to schedule an interview. I came for the interview on a Friday and was told the interview went well and that I has to come back the next day to take an aptitude test. After the test I was told I had to come in a third time to meet with the District Manager and be interviewed by him. I had heard from previous employees that they promise you 30K to start as a manager with the potential to earn up to 45K so I asked the interviewer about that and she said she had no idea how much I would make. When I asked if 30K was definitely the base salary she said she didn't know, even though she posted the advertisements on the store sign that said 30K for managers. I asked about hours and she said 44 hours per week. After I went home, I learned from former and current employees that they had to work upwards of 55 hours per week for around 24K and that they barely got any breaks and pretty much had to eat as discreetly as possible at the counter in front of people. I was disgusted at this point and called the Store Manager back and told her what I had read and asked if it was true and she said "Oh I don't know, everybody's different and only people with bad experiences post online about it" At that point I had enough of no questions being answered and I told her I did not want to meet with the District Manager or take the aptitude test because I didn't feel comfortable working for this company.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Video.

Interview

Hiring process is long with multiple interviews and that crazy test. The store managers can not hire their own people, dm must do this and they are sometimes hard to schedule. Watch how you answer the question, because instead of looking for a reason to hire you, they're looking for a reason to dismiss you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me a meager wage and I took it...times are tough and they use that to their advantage.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Video (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a couple days. I then was called into talk with the assistant manager of the store. She talked to me for about 3 minutes and passed me onto the store manager. After a sit down interview, I was then scheduled to meet with the district manager. After meeting with her, and getting asked a lot of the same questions, I was set up to interview with the regional manager. He again asked a lot of the same questions. After that was done I was offered the job about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Just a set starting salary.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Video in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call for a short interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Video in March 2009.

Interview

Interview with manager, clerical test, district manager, and finally regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A