FanDuel Digital Product Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FanDuel

1 Interview Review

5.0

Digital Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Don’t waste your time with these guys.

I was told from the beginning that it was three stage process, which I was quite put off by but was advised to go ahead, as I had the right experience they were looking for.

I firstly had an 1hr long phone interview with a design manager who was well aware of my experience and portfolio.

I then successfully moved to do an art test which was 5hrs of my time but probably ended up as 8hrs, as it was quite a big task to redesign a new feature for app.

I was then successful with this and moved to the final stage which was a 3hr 30mins interview. I was told by this point that I should be successful as I had got this far. The interview was in three parts 1hr portfolio presentation (which I had to do a lot of prep for), 1hr whiteboard exercise and 1hr personality test... I took a full day off my current job for the interview.

When I arrived at the interview I was greeted by a confused manager who was playing table tennis by himself. The office had a horrible atmosphere everyone was silent with headphones on and I noticed not a single female worked in the office of about 20 even though they go on about ‘diversity’ on their social media. A manager eventually figured out who was taking my interview and helped me setup in a small intimidating glass room.

I then had a portfolio review with two managers. They had seen my work previously and they knew my capabilities but instead they just pointed out every tiny flaw in my design to a point it wasn’t really constructive it was more just rude.

This was then followed by an 1hr whiteboard exercise were I was given a challenge to design a process for one of their products. It felt like they were just wanting ideas on their improving their products rather than actually testing my abilities. The two team members sat far away from the board and barely made eye contact looking bored and disinterested while I tried to work with them to solve the problem. The end solution I produced wasn’t as good as I hoped because they didn’t really engage with the exercise.

I then had 1hr of questions. Overall this part was okay and team member conducting this was the only ‘friendly’ guy I’d met so far. The interview concluded with me asking some questions and I was told I hear back in a couple of days. I waited for a week and received a response that they aren’t looking for someone anymore as they had hired recently and that they didn’t have a team member to train me so maybe apply again in 6months??? I asked for some more constructive feedback as I had went through such a long process but he just ignored my messages.

The job is still being advertised and has been on their site since early this year. I honestly don’t think they are actively hiring they are just wanting ideas off candidates to use. I would tell anyone who is a creative hardworking designer
not to bother with these guys, as if this is the way they treat their candidates I’d hate to see how they treat their employees.

Interview Questions