FanDuel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FanDuel

3.2

Director, Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the hiring manager followed by an on-site which was four half-hour 1-1s.

The recruiter was great when I spoke with him but would often go dark over email for days at a time, making me think he might've been in a crazy busy environment with constantly shifting priorities.

At the end I was not given an offer, but was given incredibly transparent and thorough feedback, which was refreshing. What was frustrating was that it appears the decision was based on my lack of experience in a few key areas which was appartent from my resume. If this was a disqualifier I should've been screened out up front and everybody would have saved time.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about LTV for acquisition, given the sparsity of data on prospects?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted through email, asked to do a design challenge: code a landing page (using bootstrap, design mocks were provided but I was told I could alter the design how I saw fit) then was given a decision/feedback

Interview Questions

• Code a landing page using bootstrap (design mocks provided)   1 Answer

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

A few days after applying was set up for an initial phone screen. Thought interview went well but was never scheduled for a follow up. Didn't hear back after inquiring about the status.

Data Integration Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through online. Recruiter reached out to me in one week and asked for a time to schedule a phone interview. I was really happy and excited to get an interview opportunity from Fanduel. However the recruiter never called me at the time of interview. I followed up with the recruiter over emails multiple times and the recruiter never responded. This is by far the worst experience i had over a long time. Very disappointed in their work ethic and not professional to schedule an interview and not reaching out or responding.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FanDuel (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Firstly there was an online application, withing a day I received an email to set up a phone interview. At the time of the phone interview, they never called me. I had to go on the sites customer service chat to reach out to them as they don't advertise their headquarters phone number, and also emailed numerous times. After a week they finally got back to me to set up another phone interview. When they called, they told me the woman who was meant to interview me was busy, so they had another gentleman do the interview. He was friendly, however the interview questions were very random and had nothing to do with how I work or what type of employee I would be. After that I never heard from them again.

Very disappointed in their work ethic, and if that process is anything to go by, I'm glad to not have been working in such a dysfunctional environment.

Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel in March 2019.

Interview

Initial contact made by a recruiter which led to a poorly scheduled interview- The recruiter couldn’t manage scheduling multiple time zones and had to fix it three times, finally the person I was scheduled with ghosted me. A week later they rescheduled the interview they fumbled, and it was a good experience. The interviewer was nice and informative. Afterwards I was given an assessment and returned it promptly (show the respect you’d like to receive) and told it would receive immediate feedback. One month later and multiple follow up emails sent....nothing. Now I realize my experience is par for the fanduel course but still, why are people accepting this?!?!? Do better fanduel. Your competitors are.

Interview Questions

• Pick your favorite app and tell us how you would change it.   Answer Question

Customer Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

I heard back within a few days for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes and it went extremely well! Within another week, I heard back about the interview process and scheduled an in person interview in their New York office. The in person interview was a lot about the company and how you’d handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the contests FanDuel holds on our website?   Answer Question

Customer Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (Maitland, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to get an idea if you are a personality/knowledge match for the company on the surface. If that goes well, you receive an email with example situations and how you would solve them. If those are satisfactory, you head to their office and have an in-person interview with two high-ranking managers.

Marketing Role Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel.

Interview

Went through 3 main steps in the interview process.
    First call was with an internal recruiter that was late for their call.
    Second call was with the manager of the department and went very well, very knowledgeable and approachable.
    Third was an in-person with 5 different team members over a 2 hour period with a presentation of an assignment. I was told that I would hear back in 24 hours which seemed extremely quick to me. I never heard from them again, even after multiple emails to reach back out. After completing an assignment and presenting it, the least you could expect is a follow up email. Definitely a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked to present an analysis of themselves and their competitors   Answer Question

IOS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FanDuel in July 2018.

Interview

I applied and one of the recruiters reached out. Next, we scheduled a phone call with one of their iOS devs. Call went well, and they gave me a coding challenge. Here's where things went wrong.

I completed the challenge in a few days and sent it back. The recruiter confirmed they got it (even replied on a Sunday), and told me I'd hear back within a day or two. Three days later he contacted me and said the team was extremely busy, apologized for the delay, and said someone would review the code and get back to me the next day. No problem!

The weekend came and went, no word back. That following Monday I reached out again to see if the team ever got around to reviewing the code. No response. It's been over 2 weeks now...

If you're going to ask candidates to invest hours of their time completing coding challenges, at least keep them informed all the way through the process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about iOS and work experience. Take-home coding challenge.   Answer Question