FanDuel Product Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FanDuel

1 Interview Review

4.0

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Initially, a phone interview and if you're successful they will ask for a 5 hour design brief to be supplied in response to a UX issue they have set. After that, a 3 hour in person interview takes place. The first hour was with two of the design team which I felt was purely an egotistical exercise on their part - I was confused as to why I was asked into the interview in the first place as they had so much negative feedback on work they had already seen, which was delivered in an unnecessary and completely non constructive manner. The second and third tasks consisted of a whiteboard brief and a personality type test, in which the interviewers were much more receptive and approachable. Do not believe the hype about the working environment - the office was in complete silence and the recreational areas were unoccupied. It is not the type of environment or team I would like to work within and very far from what they advertise. After the process I was advised they were looking for a role not advertised within the initial job spec, which was frustrating after all the preperation. Their process is entirely unreasonable and to expect participants to dedicate hours upon hours for a misleading advertised job is, quite frankly, disgraceful. I would urge others to consider before applying.

Interview Questions

• A complete critique of only one piece of your live work, which is unfair.   1 Answer