FanDuel Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

FanDuel Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at FanDuel

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FanDuel.

Interview

Interview process was very quick. The Recruiter, called quickly and was very nice over the phone. I was quickly scheduled for a phone interview and then onsite interview. Overall, it was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at FanDuel?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FanDuel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2018.

Interview

Reached out to on angel.co, technical phone screen, 7 day take home test, and 3 hour final interview. The final interview was enjoyable, and the leader interviewer was very kind and tactful.

Interview Questions

• Two system design questions. And and api backend take home test.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FanDuel.

Interview

Initial recruiter phone call where we discussed my background. Then a more tech-oriented interview where we discussed past work, technical/language knowledge and some minor algorithmic questions. That was followed by a small coding project that I had a week to complete.

After completing the assignment I was told I'd hear back in 2 days or so - but never heard from them again, even after reaching out to them multiple times. No response after getting reasonably far in the process left a pretty bad taste in my mouth - would not apply to work here again.

Interview Questions

• How would you detect duplicates in a database of players?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FanDuel (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

The recruiter reached out asking me to schedule some time to interview with an engineer. The engineer did not call me at the specified time and the recruiter did not respond to my email until hours later. He asked me to provide more availability for a different interview. I did so, but then had to follow up twice before he responded, asking if I had the first call (?) despite the fact that this was all on the same email chain. I explained to him the series of events again, provided more availability, and he scheduled me for another interview.

That interview was actually great. The engineer asked smart questions and ramped up the complexity in a way that made sense. It felt like an enjoyable conversation more than a typical interview and by the end of it I felt like we had actually gone through a lot of material. He was very respectful and friendly.

After that, they sent me a 4-part coding challenge. I would say that any one of these parts would be appropriate as a standalone take home challenge, but not all 4. The document was very sloppily written and parts of it made little sense. The supplied 'input files' were basically a mess of data and the instructions said to use them however I wished. Nothing about the challenge was particularly difficult, but in order to do a good representation of work for everything they asked for, it would have been extremely time consuming. I showed it to a few of my friends in the industry and they all agreed that it would be at least 8-10 hours of work to complete and do a good job of it.

To me this is far too much time to demand for an interview and I sent an email explaining this. They did not respond. I would advise staying away from this company. It looks like they pay well, but if a company doesn't respect your time during the interview, I can only imagine what it is like as an employee.