Fannie Mae Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fannie Mae Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Was contacted my a recruiter a month after I applied. The position I applied for was for business analyst. When the recruiter emailed me, she told me I would be interviewed for a rotational analyst program. I went into the interview expecting them to ask me questions related to analyst positions but they were all behavioral. The interview was pretty intense. 5 back to back 1 to 1 interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fannie Mae

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Not that painful. concise questions just be prepared with common sense interview answers and be calmed and paused.

Most of the behavioral questions were not difficult. When they give you a chance to expand your answers try to talk about your past experiences and be concise on your skills.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest accomplishment in your career   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Addison, TX).

Interview

In person; met with the hiring manager; professional; standard questions; more of a personality check on whether they like you, understand you and what you have to offer. They didn't really ask specific questions. The questions were more generalized and in your own words. It took about 45 minutes and overall it was casual and friendly. From the beginning, it was obvious the interviewer was nice, funny, but a bit uncomfortable with the interview process. I am certain I saw a script of questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is one of your weaknesses or something you can improve upon?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter with some pre-screening questions, 1:1 Interviews with the Hiring manager and 2 other members of the group. They mostly asked about my experience and one asked some basic SQL questions. A few days later a phone interview with the Director of the group was scheduled. They then contacted me about a week after the phone interview to ask if I was still interested, in getting an offer, but I had already received and accepted a different position

Interview Questions

• Difference between having and where in a sql satement.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I applied through university, then receive a on campus interview. The interviewer is friendly, and easy to talk to. But unfortunately, the position requires more work experiences than I have.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. It was more behavioral and conversational. The most important thing is to build a connection with the interview and keep the environment light. There were no real hard hitting questions that would stump you. It is mostly casual conversation about the type of person you are and why you would be a valuable addition to the company. I would recommend remaining relaxed and being open and honest about yourself.

Interview Questions

• They ask about how you would behave in specified situations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existent

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Quick process and significant information on the role, benefits, and salary were provided. Recruiter was very diligent and responsive. The background verification process was handled expeditiously and the hire date was within two weeks of receiving the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Very repetitive. Behavioral questions mainly. The interview also failed to explain much about the job and it's responsibilities. I made sure to ask many questions but it appeared that the answers I received were very general. It's evident that interview training isn't something that exists. My advice to upper management and HR would be to provide additional training so employees are prepared to interview external AND internal candidates. It's important for the job applicant to understand as much as they can about the job considering the interview process is supposed to be an educational experience for both parties.

Interview Questions

• What's a challenge you faced and had to overcome? Describe an experience where you had to find your own solution to a problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

It was at school. They expressed intent very much and waited a while then to tell me they were not interested.