Fannie Mae Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fannie Mae Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fannie Mae

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Was contacted my a recruiter a month after I applied. The position I applied for was for business analyst. When the recruiter emailed me, she told me I would be interviewed for a rotational analyst program. I went into the interview expecting them to ask me questions related to analyst positions but they were all behavioral. The interview was pretty intense. 5 back to back 1 to 1 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Not that painful. concise questions just be prepared with common sense interview answers and be calmed and paused.

Most of the behavioral questions were not difficult. When they give you a chance to expand your answers try to talk about your past experiences and be concise on your skills.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest accomplishment in your career   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. It was more behavioral and conversational. The most important thing is to build a connection with the interview and keep the environment light. There were no real hard hitting questions that would stump you. It is mostly casual conversation about the type of person you are and why you would be a valuable addition to the company. I would recommend remaining relaxed and being open and honest about yourself.

Interview Questions

• They ask about how you would behave in specified situations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existent

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and organized well, but had to go through different stages of interviews which seems to be the norm for the Fannie Mae interview process. I had a phone interview with HR and then I was brought in a couple weeks later for back to back interviews. The first was with my manager and next was paneled interviews with a group of managers. I was brought back a couple days later again to interview with the VP of the division and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Addison, TX).

Interview

In person; met with the hiring manager; professional; standard questions; more of a personality check on whether they like you, understand you and what you have to offer. They didn't really ask specific questions. The questions were more generalized and in your own words. It took about 45 minutes and overall it was casual and friendly. From the beginning, it was obvious the interviewer was nice, funny, but a bit uncomfortable with the interview process. I am certain I saw a script of questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is one of your weaknesses or something you can improve upon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Very repetitive. Behavioral questions mainly. The interview also failed to explain much about the job and it's responsibilities. I made sure to ask many questions but it appeared that the answers I received were very general. It's evident that interview training isn't something that exists. My advice to upper management and HR would be to provide additional training so employees are prepared to interview external AND internal candidates. It's important for the job applicant to understand as much as they can about the job considering the interview process is supposed to be an educational experience for both parties.

Interview Questions

• What's a challenge you faced and had to overcome? Describe an experience where you had to find your own solution to a problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Started as a contractor, was then hired in a 2-year term employment position. Phone interview, followed by one in-person interview with a manager, and then an in-person interview with HR. Everything was professional.

Interview Questions

• Actually, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring process was much like other Fortune 500 companies. Perhaps a little slower.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I turned down the first offer, but accepted in the second round, when a small signing bonus was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

It was at school. They expressed intent very much and waited a while then to tell me they were not interested.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

I researched the company before the interview and thought of questions to ask when the interview concluded. The initial interview on campus consisted of just one 1:1 interview. I received an email from them asking if I would like to go to an in-office visit. That consisted of an informational session with three 1:1 interviews following.

Interview Questions

• How would I convince someone that my idea was better than theirs.   Answer Question