Fannie Mae Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a manager and director that lasted 30 minutes and was very general in nature. They told me at the end of the interview that they wanted to fly me down to Dallas for an in person interview. They arranged the flights (I flew in and left the same day) and was told by the travel agency that I would be reimbursed for additional travel expenses (food, rental car or Uber, etc).

At the interview I found out that 2 of the interviewers were out that day so I would interview with some people twice. The interview questions were easy (some situational, others related to my design process/portfolio) and it seemed to go well. As a side note, even though I travelled to their office, some of the people I interviewed with were over Skype at another office location. Everyone I interviewed with were very nice and pleasant, and I was told I would be contacted the next week regarding their decision.

Long story short, I never heard from them regarding my candidacy and received an offer from a different company I preferred the next week, so I never checked in again.

On June 6th I sent in my rental car receipt to get reimbursed for the trip from the airport to their office and back again. I am still waiting to get reimbursed for this expense and have been told that they had to request the reimbursement again. I'm not sure when or if I'll be reimbursed for the rental car (over $100) but wanted to put this out there as a warning to future interviewers.

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Had a brief phone call with a recruiter. She immediately sent me an email detailing interviewer's contact location. Had me fill out a application with all my employment information. Day of the interview, I was in business wear, FNMA is business casual but you would think that the person interviewing would dress more professionaly, at least on the day she interviews. Had the interview in her office, she was looking at her computer throughout. Not sure if that's where the questions were. Told me about the requirements for the job, had a few basic questions for me, nothing difficult. She told me she had 4/5 contractors working and needed to hire same number as permanent hires. All in all a very casual interview. I thought it went very well. Rumor in the industry is they tend to hire their contractors but interview others so it's on paper. Very frustrating to get a random email and very frustrating to feel used to fill their quota of random interviews. No phone call and no explanation.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Process began with a recruiter who called me and told me about the position. Job description only matched about 50% of the work she told me the position would be doing. Still what she described was good enough and she set me up with a phone interview with the hiring manager a week later. Spoke with the hiring manager in a 20 minute phone interview in which she described the position and department in more detail. Things went well and we scheduled an on site interview two weeks later when she would be in town.

On site interview consisted of a meeting with the hiring manager and two Credit Risk analysts who have been working there for a couple of years. All were very kind and gave me examples of what a day-to-day life is like working in the position as well as information of the work-life balance. Following this hour interview I was informed that there would be a final interview for successful candidates who were chosen.

Was fortunate enough to be chosen for a final round interview which consisted of a panel interview with a VP and two Directors. This interview was quite more intense and serious than the prior interviews but I can guess that is only to be expected when meeting with higher ups. Interview was about 45 minutes long. Was told on my way out a decision would be made within two weeks and they would contact me. I followed up two weeks later only to find out they changed some of the roles of the position and were looking for someone with quite a bit more experience.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you had to go against the norm or take initiative?   Answer Question
    • Why would your current skill set make you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Mortgage Fraud Investigator and Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I am quite perplexed? I applied for two different Mortgage Fraud jobs over 2 months ago. I have the CFE( Certified Fraud Examiner) credentials, have identified and investigated complex Mortgage Fraud schemes for over 10 years and I cant get a word out of FNMA?

Interview Questions

• I asked if there are any updates or when and if a decision will be made and the same H/R person keeps telling me he will get back with me and never does . This has happened 4 times in 2 months   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Addison, TX).

Interview

In person; met with the hiring manager; professional; standard questions; more of a personality check on whether they like you, understand you and what you have to offer. They didn't really ask specific questions. The questions were more generalized and in your own words. It took about 45 minutes and overall it was casual and friendly. From the beginning, it was obvious the interviewer was nice, funny, but a bit uncomfortable with the interview process. I am certain I saw a script of questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is one of your weaknesses or something you can improve upon?   1 Answer

Governance Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter to do a phone interview with the HM for the following week and I happily accepted. When I received the call the HM ask a few questions about my background and then went on to tell me that there was a miscommunication between her and the recruiter about what she was looking for and that I wasn't it. She said she wanted someone with claims experience or something
    of that nature. The whole experience was just uncomfortable and akward. Then she went to ask more questions and then ask me if I had any questions for her. Are you serious?? You just told me that I only got the interview because of a mistake between you and the recruiter. What could I possibly have to ask you? She had my resume in her possession for a week no where on it did it say anything about claims. I just wish I had of been informed before the actual interview that I wasn't the right candidate for her role.

NUC Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Typically start as a contractor first, gives them a chance to 'kick the tires' if you will. Must be flexible and able to think out of the box, this is not a typical review position and only the best thinkers make it there. Have to illustrate in your interview the ability to be humble and adaptable to learn. This is Fannie Mae, among the pinnacles of the appraisal profession. Your 10+ years as an appraiser mean nothing compared to the experience and people there, so leave your bravado and attitude at the door...or you won't get in the door.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I started through a head hunter, then they converted me to an employee after I proved myself.

Foreclosure Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Addison, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very lengthly, I had to interview with 2 managers in my second interview. For the first interview it was a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. The overall hiring process was about 2 and a half months though.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience as it relates to the current position we're hiring for?   1 Answer

Governance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter from the company, then I went in for an interview.,

Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It will take a long time from when you are first contacted to actual interviewing. Interviews done now in a panel setting usually with Managers and Directors. Questions are basic interview questions related to your resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• All are the standard fit questions. Strengths and weaknesses. Name a time when you did XYZ ...   1 Answer