Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, then a received an email for an on site interview. Met on site in Washington, DC with 3 different people for 30 minutes at a time.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

crazy long, so many people to interview me at one to one basic, total of 6 people, in total of 4 hours. different groups show up. other than the timing, it is not a bad interview. people are nice there, at least the one interviewed me

Interview Questions

• very basic, tell me something about yourself, why you leave your current job why you want to work at here. what's your strength and weakness. why we need to hire you   Answer Question

low salary

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The Process was quite tough. There were 3 rounds of Interview. Two of them were technical roughly 1.5 hours each. Most of the questions were on Data Structures, Algorithms and Analytics. Huge emphasis on Statistics and Randomized Algorithms. Its not only that, if you get selected they have a very tough process of background checks and drugs test. Background test takes a lot of time as the company is very particular about each of the processes.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were on Data Structures, Algorithms and Analytics. Huge emphasis on Statistics and Randomized Algorithms.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with 6 people, mix of managers, directors and one VP. DO NOT BS in your interview. They have very good talent there and the managers are well experienced to catch your BS. Be honest about your experience and you capabilities and be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Management consulting style questions. "how many gas stations in DC?" "If you were a penny in blender...." etc.   Answer Question

QA Tester Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

It kind of very critical. I gone thorough 5 rounds of interview.

Strategy & Insights Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in June 2017.

Interview

After the initial call with basic first interaction question they setup a case interview while video chatting with me three weeks later. The HR guy was extremely nice, but sent me a million emails before my interview. They never gave you materials to prepare for the case they were going to give you even though they said they would. The interview itself was very awkward and right off the bat I was being talked down to. The case was extremely specific and left me hurrying to get the work done. After the interview the HR guy called me back and told me he spoke to the man who interviewed me, telling him that I didn't do very well. Overall, it was uncomfortable and degrading for a company who is in conservatorship.

Interview Questions

• Detailed math questions based off of a spreadsheet.   1 Answer

Mortgage Fraud Investigator and Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I am quite perplexed? I applied for two different Mortgage Fraud jobs over 2 months ago. I have the CFE( Certified Fraud Examiner) credentials, have identified and investigated complex Mortgage Fraud schemes for over 10 years and I cant get a word out of FNMA?

Interview Questions

• I asked if there are any updates or when and if a decision will be made and the same H/R person keeps telling me he will get back with me and never does . This has happened 4 times in 2 months   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was greeted quite friendly by the hiring manager, who explained the company to me briefly, as well as the interview process. I then took part in three separate interviews by three different groups, each lasting roughly 30 minutes. Each once went over my resume and asked me detailed questions about my skills and experiences, and sometimes challenged me to solve some sample problems. I received the results of my interview within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a negative group experience in development, and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

Five one-on-one interviews in five hours. Most of them were very friendly and felt like your usual interview.

However, one interviewer was so rude that I was immediately turned off. I knew that even if I was given an offer, there was no way that I would be comfortable or happy working here.
    He started off by saying he was tired from a day of interviews. Every time I answered his question, he would give me a blank stare and snap back in a sarcastic tone of voice. This was even when I got the question correct, he would snap and just say "okay, let's move on". I have never been part of such a horrible encounter, let alone during an interview.

Remember, an interview is not only the firm's way of getting to know a candidate, but a candidate's way to know the firm. This right here was a red flag to me.

Interview Questions

• Three case interviews based off of economic and statistical knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

I met with a human resources representative at the beginning of the process, then a possible working "peer", the manager for the position I was interviewing for, and then a director over that manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time when I had to deal with a difficult personality in order to get things done.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The interview was very tough they wanted me to answer like a senior professional, since i was at junior level i was not able to properly handle the situation. Their way of checking the attitude , skills ,personality were completely different