Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, then a received an email for an on site interview. Met on site in Washington, DC with 3 different people for 30 minutes at a time.

Financial Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The process took a week. I interviewed at the Fannie Mae (Washington, DC). Process has two steps: Phone Screen and Panel interview. I interviewed with 3 economists. They were were more nervous than I were.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions like limit distribution, how to calculate premium.. etc. Questions are not hard but check some econometrics book.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was Bizarre
    1)Initial round was Phone Screen for 45 minutes ,Which seems good.
    2) Second round was in-person interview and without notification everyone wass showing up to take a n interview.
    The Interview should be around 1 hour but it lasted for 3 hours .
    2) Everyone was asking the same kind of questions

Interview Questions

• How do you run scrips When you have hundred test cases.   1 Answer

Credit Risk Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online got a call that following Monday from a recruiter everything went great. From there I interviewed with a VP and Director over the phone from there I was scheduled an in person interview with the VP in Costa Mesa a get to know me in person very nice lady. I was then scheduled to do an in person interview with a panel of (4) managers varying with titles of: Customer Delivery, IT, Credit Analyst III. After that I was contacted by another recruiter advising me that she was replacing the previous recruiter and that I would be speaking with her going forward in the interview process, she asked me to go online fill out my info for HR Contacts, salary info etc...I was excited. The recruiter then called me again and told me they were still interviewing other applicants however, they were still very interested in my candidacy. The recruiter called me the next day to advise me that they wanted me to interview over the phone with one more Director this was a total of 9 people that I interviewed with, all to find out after that I didn't get an offer they wanted someone with strong mortgage industry experience but they did like my personality and my strong credit background.

After my experience with I would never apply again the delivery of my unfortunately we decided to pursue other applicants and the process gives me anxiety thinking about it.

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called and asked a few questions about my resume. Be sure you tailor your resume to the position you are applying for. From there a 30 minute phone interview was set up with the Hiring Manager. Know the position you are applying for, a little about the company, why you want to leave your current position. Use examples of what you do on your current job that relates to the position you are applying for. The recruiter will also send you the job description prior to your phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to leave your company.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle difficult co-workers?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Phone interview was 30 minutes. Went through my projects and wanted information on the systems I had worked with. Told me a little bit about the position and skills required.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in with mortgage systems? If not, have you worked with financial systems in the past doing requirements or analysis   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The interview process was completely done via the phone. I had a phone call with the hiring manager and then a phone call with one of the team members. The interview process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• To explain some of my experiences that match the job requirements.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying for the position online, I was contacted by an HR representative who scheduled a meeting with me and three Fannie Mae employees - the hiring manager, her manager, and one additional person. Because the interview was scheduled a location where none of them had permanent offices, it was slated to take place in a conference room, but we ended up meeting very informally in the cafe.

Interview Questions

• What are your three biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. Just asked about the things I am working on. I had to show the website I developed. Explain how I did a few features. I was asked few technical questions. Two managers spoke to me before I had a call with the HR. Nothing to code Not very technical.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Was contacted my a recruiter a month after I applied. The position I applied for was for business analyst. When the recruiter emailed me, she told me I would be interviewed for a rotational analyst program. I went into the interview expecting them to ask me questions related to analyst positions but they were all behavioral. The interview was pretty intense. 5 back to back 1 to 1 interviews.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was one interview with the hiring director. She asked me more of work experiences and some behavioral questions which took a little over than an hour. She told me right away to wait for an offer.