Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

271 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, then a received an email for an on site interview. Met on site in Washington, DC with 3 different people for 30 minutes at a time.

College Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Was given an interview on campus with Fannie Mae. They just asked me questions about my resume. Do research on the company, they will ask you what you know about it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

45 min video interview with 2 employees. Behavioral questions as well as basic computer science/programming knowledge, in addition to questions about what was written on my resume, such as the activities I was involved in and the projects I have completed. Did not actually have to code anything.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a manager and director that lasted 30 minutes and was very general in nature. They told me at the end of the interview that they wanted to fly me down to Dallas for an in person interview. They arranged the flights (I flew in and left the same day) and was told by the travel agency that I would be reimbursed for additional travel expenses (food, rental car or Uber, etc).

At the interview I found out that 2 of the interviewers were out that day so I would interview with some people twice. The interview questions were easy (some situational, others related to my design process/portfolio) and it seemed to go well. As a side note, even though I travelled to their office, some of the people I interviewed with were over Skype at another office location. Everyone I interviewed with were very nice and pleasant, and I was told I would be contacted the next week regarding their decision.

Long story short, I never heard from them regarding my candidacy and received an offer from a different company I preferred the next week, so I never checked in again.

On June 6th I sent in my rental car receipt to get reimbursed for the trip from the airport to their office and back again. I am still waiting to get reimbursed for this expense and have been told that they had to request the reimbursement again. I'm not sure when or if I'll be reimbursed for the rental car (over $100) but wanted to put this out there as a warning to future interviewers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, 1:1 interview with hiring manager, interview with other peers, then panel interview with HR and sr. execs. Multiple rounds of interviews. Because I was recruited by an internal employee, I didn't have to go through as much in the interview process. It was somewhat of a simple process because the job was targeted for me.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was about two weeks after the initial phone interview. The typical interview questions were asked and the interviewers made the process comfortable and fast. I interviewed with three different people and each was about 30 minutes long.

Strategy & Insights Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in June 2017.

Interview

After the initial call with basic first interaction question they setup a case interview while video chatting with me three weeks later. The HR guy was extremely nice, but sent me a million emails before my interview. They never gave you materials to prepare for the case they were going to give you even though they said they would. The interview itself was very awkward and right off the bat I was being talked down to. The case was extremely specific and left me hurrying to get the work done. After the interview the HR guy called me back and told me he spoke to the man who interviewed me, telling him that I didn't do very well. Overall, it was uncomfortable and degrading for a company who is in conservatorship.

Interview Questions

• Detailed math questions based off of a spreadsheet.   1 Answer

Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It will take a long time from when you are first contacted to actual interviewing. Interviews done now in a panel setting usually with Managers and Directors. Questions are basic interview questions related to your resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• All are the standard fit questions. Strengths and weaknesses. Name a time when you did XYZ ...   1 Answer

Financial Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The process took a week. I interviewed at the Fannie Mae (Washington, DC). Process has two steps: Phone Screen and Panel interview. I interviewed with 3 economists. They were were more nervous than I were.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions like limit distribution, how to calculate premium.. etc. Questions are not hard but check some econometrics book.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was Bizarre
    1)Initial round was Phone Screen for 45 minutes ,Which seems good.
    2) Second round was in-person interview and without notification everyone wass showing up to take a n interview.
    The Interview should be around 1 hour but it lasted for 3 hours .
    2) Everyone was asking the same kind of questions

Interview Questions

• How do you run scrips When you have hundred test cases.   1 Answer

Credit Risk Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online got a call that following Monday from a recruiter everything went great. From there I interviewed with a VP and Director over the phone from there I was scheduled an in person interview with the VP in Costa Mesa a get to know me in person very nice lady. I was then scheduled to do an in person interview with a panel of (4) managers varying with titles of: Customer Delivery, IT, Credit Analyst III. After that I was contacted by another recruiter advising me that she was replacing the previous recruiter and that I would be speaking with her going forward in the interview process, she asked me to go online fill out my info for HR Contacts, salary info etc...I was excited. The recruiter then called me again and told me they were still interviewing other applicants however, they were still very interested in my candidacy. The recruiter called me the next day to advise me that they wanted me to interview over the phone with one more Director this was a total of 9 people that I interviewed with, all to find out after that I didn't get an offer they wanted someone with strong mortgage industry experience but they did like my personality and my strong credit background.

After my experience with I would never apply again the delivery of my unfortunately we decided to pursue other applicants and the process gives me anxiety thinking about it.