Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.8

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The interview process was completely done via the phone. I had a phone call with the hiring manager and then a phone call with one of the team members. The interview process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• To explain some of my experiences that match the job requirements.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online got a call that following Monday from a recruiter everything went great. From there I interviewed with a VP and Director over the phone from there I was scheduled an in person interview with the VP in Costa Mesa a get to know me in person very nice lady. I was then scheduled to do an in person interview with a panel of (4) managers varying with titles of: Customer Delivery, IT, Credit Analyst III. After that I was contacted by another recruiter advising me that she was replacing the previous recruiter and that I would be speaking with her going forward in the interview process, she asked me to go online fill out my info for HR Contacts, salary info etc...I was excited. The recruiter then called me again and told me they were still interviewing other applicants however, they were still very interested in my candidacy. The recruiter called me the next day to advise me that they wanted me to interview over the phone with one more Director this was a total of 9 people that I interviewed with, all to find out after that I didn't get an offer they wanted someone with strong mortgage industry experience but they did like my personality and my strong credit background.

After my experience with I would never apply again the delivery of my unfortunately we decided to pursue other applicants and the process gives me anxiety thinking about it.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a manager and director that lasted 30 minutes and was very general in nature. They told me at the end of the interview that they wanted to fly me down to Dallas for an in person interview. They arranged the flights (I flew in and left the same day) and was told by the travel agency that I would be reimbursed for additional travel expenses (food, rental car or Uber, etc).

At the interview I found out that 2 of the interviewers were out that day so I would interview with some people twice. The interview questions were easy (some situational, others related to my design process/portfolio) and it seemed to go well. As a side note, even though I travelled to their office, some of the people I interviewed with were over Skype at another office location. Everyone I interviewed with were very nice and pleasant, and I was told I would be contacted the next week regarding their decision.

Long story short, I never heard from them regarding my candidacy and received an offer from a different company I preferred the next week, so I never checked in again.

On June 6th I sent in my rental car receipt to get reimbursed for the trip from the airport to their office and back again. I am still waiting to get reimbursed for this expense and have been told that they had to request the reimbursement again. I'm not sure when or if I'll be reimbursed for the rental car (over $100) but wanted to put this out there as a warning to future interviewers.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Was contacted my a recruiter a month after I applied. The position I applied for was for business analyst. When the recruiter emailed me, she told me I would be interviewed for a rotational analyst program. I went into the interview expecting them to ask me questions related to analyst positions but they were all behavioral. The interview was pretty intense. 5 back to back 1 to 1 interviews.

IT Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

It was a Group/Panel interview and not very personal. I got the job, but had no idea who i was going to be working for until the I started. Other then that it was a pretty simple process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Pretty casual interview. I got the interview by applying through my college's website.The recruiter asked me about my previous experiences on my resume and two whiteboard questions that weren't so bad either.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by HR and then interview by the hiring manager. The interview process was extremely organized and efficient. The HR contact was very friendly and thorough.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Pasadena, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

uploaded resume and filled out application for Fannie Mae, this was a basic interview....I am a business owner and have been in this industry for 25 plus years this was both of us interviewing each other....not sure I want to give up my company and not sure they pay enough...the only reason I agreed to the interview is I like to keep my finger on the pulse and see what is available to me and what is available in the work place market. I keep up on trends and keep myself educated on the current programs and market.

Interview Questions

• Why work for them and am I willing to give up my company   Answer Question

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, then a received an email for an on site interview. Met on site in Washington, DC with 3 different people for 30 minutes at a time.

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Had a brief phone call with a recruiter. She immediately sent me an email detailing interviewer's contact location. Had me fill out a application with all my employment information. Day of the interview, I was in business wear, FNMA is business casual but you would think that the person interviewing would dress more professionaly, at least on the day she interviews. Had the interview in her office, she was looking at her computer throughout. Not sure if that's where the questions were. Told me about the requirements for the job, had a few basic questions for me, nothing difficult. She told me she had 4/5 contractors working and needed to hire same number as permanent hires. All in all a very casual interview. I thought it went very well. Rumor in the industry is they tend to hire their contractors but interview others so it's on paper. Very frustrating to get a random email and very frustrating to feel used to fill their quota of random interviews. No phone call and no explanation.