Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Financial Economist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was all right but they rescheduled multiple times. There was also a long gap between one interview and the next. After the final interviews, it took 3 weeks to hear back. They kept making excuses (bad weather, family emergency, car accident, sick, etc.) and when they finally gave me an offer, they seriously low-balled. I would not recommend this company to anyone who values their time and would like to be paid what they deserve.

Senior Strategic Planning Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

First round- typical phone screen. Second round- in person interview with hiring manager and two team members. Interview with hiring manager was "case study". Other interviews were behavioral questions/dialogue. All interviews were at FM headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with associates that the candidate would be working with. It was a really great interview. After being selection for round two, then I travelled to the office and met with 2 VP and that process went well.

Interview Questions

• Focused on goals, and what they were looking for in a candidate   Answer Question

Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in November 2015.

Interview

I received the phone interview without any notice. The group director asked me mainly about my research and things on my resume. He may want to find out whether my research background fits into his group. So he asked questions like what is my research, what are the results, why should people care, what the research could add into people's knowledge about the housing market, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you use quantile regression in the paper? What is the advantage of using this method?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The final round of interviews consisted of 3 interviews: 2 were behavioral and 1 was a basic case study in which the student had to analyze an income statement and a company scenario

Associate Analyst Program Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in November 2015.

Interview

First, the interviewers came to the interview late. I find that funny since my employers would penalize me if were to arrive to their interviews late. Second, the interviewers rather seemed pompous and rigid. They put emphasis on my GPA, my math classes, and my undergraduate education. Of course, these metrics have no correlation to job performance at all in my humble opinion. They didn't seem excited about the company or the role. One of the interviewers even asked me questions that involve confidential information from my previous job. I politely explained to him I can't answer his questions since it's confidential. This really made me uncomfortable, because his questions that involve such confidential information have no relevance to my skills/experience or the role I was interviewing for.

I was really uncomfortable the whole time and didn't really do well on the interview. I talked to my classmates who interviewed for the same role and they all said similar things. One of my classmates told me that one of the interviewers yawned while she was answering the questions. My other classmate told me that they had originally told her that they don't sponsor international students and canceled her interview. But they later called her during the originally scheduled interview and asked her to come in for an interview.

Overall, I really got a bad vibe. If you are passionate about technology and innovation and are forward thinking with ambition, this is not the place for you! RUN and go to the Silicon Valley or innovative tech companies!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when one of your team members was not delivering?

What's your GPA?

Which school did you attend for your undergraduate education?

Are there any reasons why ____ is not on your resume?
      Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

It was only one round of interview on campus. They kept the process really simple. It was a 2-round back to back interview with 3 people. One is the head of their group and the other two are a manager and a VP. It was primarily behavioral and no complex questions have been asked. Basically they asked about my background and how I handled certain situations. I haven't got the final result yet.

Interview Questions

• How do I solve conflicts in group projects   1 Answer

College Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Involved a phone screen for about a half hour where the recruiter asked about my resume and what I would be interested in. The onsite interview day a couple of weeks later had 3 one on one interviews. It was a very relaxed interview day and everyone was very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions, as well as asking about technical experience   Answer Question

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter and went through the resume and asked very basic questions at the end helped prep for the interview. 1 phone interview pretty basic and then an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• what did you choose your major? Bunch of behavior questions?   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

After a career fair at my university, I applied and got an on campus interview. Overall it was behavioral, although my interviewer talked more than I did, I could barely get a word in edge-wise.

Interview Questions

• "Talk to me a little about your resume"   1 Answer