Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

Senior Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a call from FannieMae and a phone screening was set up , phone screening happened within 3 days , questions were mostly basic technical , got good feedback and was called in for an in person interview. In person interview was taken by three persons and was asked lot of questions technical and behavioral as well. Somehow i didn't liked the attitude they had and was not getting a good vibe ,although i was able to answer most of their questions.

Total process was about 2 weeks , after 2 weeks i get an email from HR saying the position that i had applied for was cancelled .

Interview Questions

• 1)You want to run a java program in unix but somehow it refuses to run , what are the steps you will take to resolve , Interviewer wanted to know about classpath .
      2) What is a group by function
      3) How to change permissions in unix for a file.
      4) What is synchronous vs asynchronous messaging in Jboss and which one is preferred.
      5) How will you do thread dump analysis via command line and other tools.
      6) Have you ever tuned JVM?
      6) How will you handle a high priority incident alone.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Interview

they hire through SOW vendor and they don't ask much. only vendor talk to the person. manager don't know much and she is there because of her manager is helping her. its a big loss for the company because of her

Accounting & FinanceProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

I met the recruiter and some analysts at a career fair and interviewed the next day. The interview was mostly behavioral with some technical questions thrown in there. Pretty standard questions - why Fannie, what does Fannie do, describe the mortgage market. From what I can remember the technical Q's had to do with evaluating risk, WACC. The second round was a week or two later at the HQ in DC. Very cookie-cutter behavioral interviews broken into a few rounds. One round is a case study.

CDT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Washing, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Mount Washing, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Then I was invited for an in person interview where I met with 3 separate managers. Two of them only asked behavioral questions and questions about my resume. The third was a role-play scenario about interacting with a coworker who was behind schedule on a project you were working on together.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker in the hallway who was not responding to your emails and you had a project you were working on with them due at the end of the week?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview for their summer associate program. Met with 5 directors for about 30 min each. They asked mostly general interview questions (tell us about a time you solved a problem, etc.) and had questions about my resume and background. They also had you do a couple of case study questions about topic relevant to their business. Interviews ran the gamut from cold and straight to business, to warm and conversationional.

Interview Questions

• Q: analyze a short sale and whether it should be accepted.   Answer Question

Interviewed and haven't heard back yet.

Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. Just asked about the things I am working on. I had to show the website I developed. Explain how I did a few features. I was asked few technical questions. Two managers spoke to me before I had a call with the HR. Nothing to code Not very technical.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Addison, TX).

Interview

In person; met with the hiring manager; professional; standard questions; more of a personality check on whether they like you, understand you and what you have to offer. They didn't really ask specific questions. The questions were more generalized and in your own words. It took about 45 minutes and overall it was casual and friendly. From the beginning, it was obvious the interviewer was nice, funny, but a bit uncomfortable with the interview process. I am certain I saw a script of questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is one of your weaknesses or something you can improve upon?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The interview was very tough they wanted me to answer like a senior professional, since i was at junior level i was not able to properly handle the situation. Their way of checking the attitude , skills ,personality were completely different

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process is very smooth. Hiring manager is really professional, nice and positive. Hiring manager gave a lot introductions and good suggestions. Also talked a lot details. And job description is clear.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

crazy long, so many people to interview me at one to one basic, total of 6 people, in total of 4 hours. different groups show up. other than the timing, it is not a bad interview. people are nice there, at least the one interviewed me

Interview Questions

• very basic, tell me something about yourself, why you leave your current job why you want to work at here. what's your strength and weakness. why we need to hire you   Answer Question

low salary