Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.8

Analyst Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

Four people giving 30 minute back to back interviews in a small conference room. The first person was 15 minutes late did not apologize which I thought was a little disrespectful. Some of the interviewers seemed like they were in a rush/disorganized and did not want to be there. Some seemed disinterested and kept asking question after question to try to see how you are under pressure. Overall, the interview was not difficult except of how disorganized and rushed it seemed.

Recruitment followed up by saying they would possibly hire me at a lesser entry level position, which makes no sense at all seeing as I have 7 years of experience and was being considered for a more mid level role. The whole recruitment process just seems disorganized.

Based off of my experience, I would likely not consider the company in the future due to the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about a time you worked hard. (Weird question)
      How would you explain Fannie Mae to someone on the street?
      Rank your computer skills.
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Project Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had applied for positions in the past with the company, and the process is pretty straight forward. A phone interview followed by a second interview onsite, meeting with three different managers.There was a potential for a third interview onsite, but this turned out not to be necessary.

I have to say, I enjoyed the face to face interviews immensely. Of course, they are looking to verify that you know what you are supposed to know at this level, but they are also looking for a culture fit with the team/ company. I had done a great deal of research on the company; where they came from and was excited about where they were heading, so that made it easier to understand what they were potentially looking for. Also, I'd like to think that after almost 17 years experience, I am comfortable with what I know and happy to talk about what I have learned over the years and been able to accomplish in my career. So the interviews really boiled down to great conversations about project management skills, methods and experiences. I immediately felt right at home and was convinced that the company would be a great fit for me. Luckily, they agreed.

Glassdoor provided me a very good indication of the expected salary range for this position, both for the company as well as how it compared to industry averages. So when discussing salary with the recruiter, I had a very good idea of what to ask for. When the offer came in at the top of my desired range, I knew it was more than fair and did not feel the need to negotiate for the sake of negotiating. I happily accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage upwards? I had this asked multiple times.   Answer Question

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with them at a campus recruiting session where they told me about the company. Received an email with an interview time. The interview consisted of a debriefing session about the company and the benefits which they offer followed by 3 30 minutes interview rotations (speed dating type) with some of the managers where they ask you behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What are you goals?
      What do you like about the company?
      Java programming questions
      Database knowledge   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Screening w/Recruiter then panel interview w/3 employees. The interviews were 30 minutes each and were basically "get to know you" interviews along with "how would I" scenarios. Final Interview was Executive. The hiring process was very efficient.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me in late December for a phone screen to discuss the opportunity. Came into the office in early January or 3 interviews--2 behavioral and 1 case study. Case Study was fairly simple--no need to know the housing industry or financial models. Sole purpose was to understand how you think, process information, and provide a clear and succinct recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had to manage peers in a difficult situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave the recruiter a salary range and received the high end of the range. I was pleased and did not do any additional negotiation. Glassdoor helped a lot with me knowing what the salary range for this job title so it made it easier to be up front with expectations. Also had a very positive experience with the entire recruiting process, which made my decision so much easier.

Financial Economist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was all right but they rescheduled multiple times. There was also a long gap between one interview and the next. After the final interviews, it took 3 weeks to hear back. They kept making excuses (bad weather, family emergency, car accident, sick, etc.) and when they finally gave me an offer, they seriously low-balled. I would not recommend this company to anyone who values their time and would like to be paid what they deserve.

Senior Strategic Planning Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

First round- typical phone screen. Second round- in person interview with hiring manager and two team members. Interview with hiring manager was "case study". Other interviews were behavioral questions/dialogue. All interviews were at FM headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was Bizarre
    1)Initial round was Phone Screen for 45 minutes ,Which seems good.
    2) Second round was in-person interview and without notification everyone wass showing up to take a n interview.
    The Interview should be around 1 hour but it lasted for 3 hours .
    2) Everyone was asking the same kind of questions

Interview Questions

• How do you run scrips When you have hundred test cases.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with associates that the candidate would be working with. It was a really great interview. After being selection for round two, then I travelled to the office and met with 2 VP and that process went well.

Interview Questions

• Focused on goals, and what they were looking for in a candidate   Answer Question

Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in November 2015.

Interview

I received the phone interview without any notice. The group director asked me mainly about my research and things on my resume. He may want to find out whether my research background fits into his group. So he asked questions like what is my research, what are the results, why should people care, what the research could add into people's knowledge about the housing market, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you use quantile regression in the paper? What is the advantage of using this method?   Answer Question