Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The final round of interviews consisted of 3 interviews: 2 were behavioral and 1 was a basic case study in which the student had to analyze an income statement and a company scenario

Associate Analyst Program Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in November 2015.

Interview

First, the interviewers came to the interview late. I find that funny since my employers would penalize me if were to arrive to their interviews late. Second, the interviewers rather seemed pompous and rigid. They put emphasis on my GPA, my math classes, and my undergraduate education. Of course, these metrics have no correlation to job performance at all in my humble opinion. They didn't seem excited about the company or the role. One of the interviewers even asked me questions that involve confidential information from my previous job. I politely explained to him I can't answer his questions since it's confidential. This really made me uncomfortable, because his questions that involve such confidential information have no relevance to my skills/experience or the role I was interviewing for.

I was really uncomfortable the whole time and didn't really do well on the interview. I talked to my classmates who interviewed for the same role and they all said similar things. One of my classmates told me that one of the interviewers yawned while she was answering the questions. My other classmate told me that they had originally told her that they don't sponsor international students and canceled her interview. But they later called her during the originally scheduled interview and asked her to come in for an interview.

Overall, I really got a bad vibe. If you are passionate about technology and innovation and are forward thinking with ambition, this is not the place for you! RUN and go to the Silicon Valley or innovative tech companies!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when one of your team members was not delivering?

What's your GPA?

Which school did you attend for your undergraduate education?

Are there any reasons why ____ is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

It was only one round of interview on campus. They kept the process really simple. It was a 2-round back to back interview with 3 people. One is the head of their group and the other two are a manager and a VP. It was primarily behavioral and no complex questions have been asked. Basically they asked about my background and how I handled certain situations. I haven't got the final result yet.

Interview Questions

• How do I solve conflicts in group projects   1 Answer

College Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Involved a phone screen for about a half hour where the recruiter asked about my resume and what I would be interested in. The onsite interview day a couple of weeks later had 3 one on one interviews. It was a very relaxed interview day and everyone was very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions, as well as asking about technical experience   Answer Question

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter and went through the resume and asked very basic questions at the end helped prep for the interview. 1 phone interview pretty basic and then an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• what did you choose your major? Bunch of behavior questions?   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

After a career fair at my university, I applied and got an on campus interview. Overall it was behavioral, although my interviewer talked more than I did, I could barely get a word in edge-wise.

Interview Questions

• "Talk to me a little about your resume"   1 Answer

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2015.

Interview

Round 1 was the 30 minute behavioral interview. The interviewer asked questions like "What do you like to do on your free time?" and "Why do you want to work at Fannie Mae?"

Financial Economist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

First came the HR phone interview. Got an on-site interview invitation within one week. No phone interview from the hiring manager. The on-site interview took only half a day. 1:1 interview with the managers and directors; group/panel interview with individual contributors.

Interview Questions

• First session is presentation. Some technical questions based on your resume. Some SAS experience.   Answer Question

Accounting and Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2015.

Interview

On-Campus Interview around 30 minutes. Met with a young graduate doing the rotation program before meeting with a VP working in accounting. Did not ask a lot of technical questions, more of a behavioral interview.

Finance and Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2015.

Interview

Very cordial and easy. Asked me to walk through my resume and asked if I had any questions about the program. Most of the interview was spent talking about Fannie Mae's business model. I didn't seem to mesh with the interviewer very well and knew walking out that I had not gotten a second interview, but regardless, it was a straightforward interview with no surprises.