Fannie Mae Middle Office Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

276 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, then a received an email for an on site interview. Met on site in Washington, DC with 3 different people for 30 minutes at a time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fannie Mae

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They were really friendly. It was an on campus interview and they asked really basic behavioral and some questions for the first round. They still havent reached out to tell me if i got the job or not and it has been about a week. They seemed eager to hire as well.

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2017.

Interview

A half hour one-on-one interview. It became clear the job was essentially coding when the interview kept asking me about projects I've coded or databases I've created. Lost my interest after that

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about your coding experience/projects you've coded with R/SAS/Etc   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

A phone interview with a recruiter and an on-site interview with 4 interviewers. 2 - 3 behavioral questions and discussing my qualifications on the resume per interviewer. Great conversations discussing their expectations for the role and my background.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fannie Mae? Do you know what Fannie Mae does? How would handle a situation when you have communication difficulties such as someone misunderstood what you said?   Answer Question

Capital Markets O&T Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

45 min video interview with 2 employees. Behavioral questions as well as basic computer science/programming knowledge, in addition to questions about what was written on my resume, such as the activities I was involved in and the projects I have completed. Did not actually have to code anything.

College Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Was given an interview on campus with Fannie Mae. They just asked me questions about my resume. Do research on the company, they will ask you what you know about it.

Director of Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, 1:1 interview with hiring manager, interview with other peers, then panel interview with HR and sr. execs. Multiple rounds of interviews. Because I was recruited by an internal employee, I didn't have to go through as much in the interview process. It was somewhat of a simple process because the job was targeted for me.

Financial Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The process took a week. I interviewed at the Fannie Mae (Washington, DC). Process has two steps: Phone Screen and Panel interview. I interviewed with 3 economists. They were were more nervous than I were.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions like limit distribution, how to calculate premium.. etc. Questions are not hard but check some econometrics book.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called and asked a few questions about my resume. Be sure you tailor your resume to the position you are applying for. From there a 30 minute phone interview was set up with the Hiring Manager. Know the position you are applying for, a little about the company, why you want to leave your current position. Use examples of what you do on your current job that relates to the position you are applying for. The recruiter will also send you the job description prior to your phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to leave your company.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle difficult co-workers?   1 Answer

Strategy & Insights Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in June 2017.

Interview

After the initial call with basic first interaction question they setup a case interview while video chatting with me three weeks later. The HR guy was extremely nice, but sent me a million emails before my interview. They never gave you materials to prepare for the case they were going to give you even though they said they would. The interview itself was very awkward and right off the bat I was being talked down to. The case was extremely specific and left me hurrying to get the work done. After the interview the HR guy called me back and told me he spoke to the man who interviewed me, telling him that I didn't do very well. Overall, it was uncomfortable and degrading for a company who is in conservatorship.

Interview Questions

• Detailed math questions based off of a spreadsheet.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Phone interview was 30 minutes. Went through my projects and wanted information on the systems I had worked with. Told me a little bit about the position and skills required.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in with mortgage systems? If not, have you worked with financial systems in the past doing requirements or analysis   Answer Question