Fannie Mae Project Manager III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fannie Mae Project Manager III Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had applied for positions in the past with the company, and the process is pretty straight forward. A phone interview followed by a second interview onsite, meeting with three different managers.There was a potential for a third interview onsite, but this turned out not to be necessary.

I have to say, I enjoyed the face to face interviews immensely. Of course, they are looking to verify that you know what you are supposed to know at this level, but they are also looking for a culture fit with the team/ company. I had done a great deal of research on the company; where they came from and was excited about where they were heading, so that made it easier to understand what they were potentially looking for. Also, I'd like to think that after almost 17 years experience, I am comfortable with what I know and happy to talk about what I have learned over the years and been able to accomplish in my career. So the interviews really boiled down to great conversations about project management skills, methods and experiences. I immediately felt right at home and was convinced that the company would be a great fit for me. Luckily, they agreed.

Glassdoor provided me a very good indication of the expected salary range for this position, both for the company as well as how it compared to industry averages. So when discussing salary with the recruiter, I had a very good idea of what to ask for. When the offer came in at the top of my desired range, I knew it was more than fair and did not feel the need to negotiate for the sake of negotiating. I happily accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage upwards? I had this asked multiple times.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fannie Mae

Project Manager III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screen, face to face interview, candidate selection

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Basic project management questions plus description of the position and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Nothing comes to mind - nothing was difficult or unexpected for an interview of that type.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

The normal - phone interview, then with the director, then with the team you would be working with. I had 3 interviews before an offer was extended to me. I will say that the Senior Project Manager chewed gum the entire interview. It was so rude and strange - I had trouble focusing on the questions - and - she made those clicking sounds. I should have paid more attention to that as a "red flag" during the interview process and her personality.

Interview Questions

• What are your personal goals?   1 Answer
    • Why do you have gaps in your employment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No - not applicable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in September 2008.

Interview

I had the opportunity to interview with the Director and Vice President of my departtment.

Interview Questions

• What could the company offer you in order to make you stay on as an employee or accept the job   Answer Question

The pay scale was not adequate,,.I left a payscale that offered over 25,000 more.