Fannie Mae Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fannie Mae Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me in late December for a phone screen to discuss the opportunity. Came into the office in early January or 3 interviews--2 behavioral and 1 case study. Case Study was fairly simple--no need to know the housing industry or financial models. Sole purpose was to understand how you think, process information, and provide a clear and succinct recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had to manage peers in a difficult situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave the recruiter a salary range and received the high end of the range. I was pleased and did not do any additional negotiation. Glassdoor helped a lot with me knowing what the salary range for this job title so it made it easier to be up front with expectations. Also had a very positive experience with the entire recruiting process, which made my decision so much easier.

Other Interview Reviews for Fannie Mae

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

In person and panel based interview. This was an internal transfer and not a new hire process. However, the overall process is the same. Expect an interactive process of validating skills as well as your ability to deal with different situations.

Interview Questions

• Behavior style questions, such as "how did you handle a difficult situation?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

(Senior PM - Contract Position ) : The in-person interview with Program Manager/Director and Technical Architect was based on experience & skill set stated in the resume along with scenario based questions.It was a good casual 1.5 hours discussion that was more on the lines of get to know each other & Fannie culture better.

Interview Questions

• The scenario based/behavioral questions were pretty general ones - like how did you handle a difficult situation with project stakeholder? etc;   Answer Question

Although Fannie's offer was good and I was comfortable with the team; I had an equally good competing offer from another firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Expect the hiring process to be negative; Even though Fannie Mae has had quite a ride over the past 5 years, HR hasn't gotten the memo. It will take a tremendously long time to set up the interviews. You can only trust in what you discuss directly with the hiring manager. When 12 weeks had gone by since they originally contacted me and only one round of interviews had taken place, I let them know that I had an offer from another company and needed to know what their timeline was for the next round. HR immediately fired off a communication to me saying they thanked me for my interest - essentially ending the process. It felt like a "I broke up with you first" type of approach. Very strange. The director/hiring manager for this position had recruited me directly along with another member of the team. The hiring manager was not informed by HR that I had contacted regarding timeline. They were surprised when I followed up with them directly.

Difficult for most people to wait 3-4 months to go through a hiring process - all while being told the employer is in a "tremendous hurry" to get the project started. Not sure why it is this way, but do not take this personally if you are experiencing it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Herndon, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Pre interview prepared for questions concerning Fannie Mae current and future outlook. Was told to be prepared on questions concerning the HAMP program.

Actual interview consisted of a group panel that consisted of the PMO manager and a pm, however they seemed to be more focused around finding a perfect personality fit, along with overall PMO experience and the ability to deal potential difficult stakeholders and conflicting personalities. They were not clear on specific responsibilites, expectations nor projects

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

Employee referral was the reason for the interview, do not believe I would have made it through the "black hole" of online job submissions without personal intervention from a current employee. It was a perfect fit position, the hard part was getting in the door.

Interview Questions

• Take a sample report dashboard, and pretend to present it to sr management.   1 Answer