Fannie Mae Senior Windows Desktop Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Senior Windows Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing company about a position with Fannie Mae to help them plan their migration from Windows XP to Windows 7 in March 2013. After the conversations and negotiations with the staffing company we agreed I should go on an interview with the hiring manager. I arrived at the Reston location and went through the process to get a visitor badge. After waiting for about 15 minutes someone other than the hiring manager came down to collect me. He informed me that the hiring manager was working on a fire drill and that he would be speaking with me first. He escorted me to a small conference room and began to tell me about their Citrix deployment because he was not in the loop on why I was there or the position I was interviewing for. He'd simply been asked to keep me busy while his manager worked on whatever issue he was working on. We spoke for 20-25 minutes.

I was then escorted back to the main level and asked to wait in the cafeteria until the person I was there to see was available. 30 plus minutes went by and I've been in contact with the staffing company. They are unable to tell me what's going on. This was a HUGE red flag that this person was not someone who's not a good manager. Needless to say I was annoyed by the delay, but I'd already taken time off of work to go through this process. 45 minutes after sitting in the cafeteria (about an hour and a half after my appointment time), I was walking out the door when the person I was supposed to meet with finally made an appearance.

The long awaited hiring manager escorts me to his office. He then proceeds to tell me he’s been with the company for about 15 minutes and explain to me the goal of the project he’s recently been put in charge of. I explained my work history and provided him with some suggestions on how he could approach tackling the migration of the 12k WinXP machines. This was a brief conversation, 15-20 minutes. A lot of waiting for a very short interview that resulted in an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview. Not sure if the waiting was part of the interview or just bad time management.   Answer Question