Fannie Mae Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fannie Mae Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Fannie Mae

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They were really friendly. It was an on campus interview and they asked really basic behavioral and some questions for the first round. They still havent reached out to tell me if i got the job or not and it has been about a week. They seemed eager to hire as well.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fannie Mae?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Fannie Mae

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (College Park, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

On campus interview through campus career center. Talked to a few employees at our career fair and kept in contact. I also applied through the campus career portal and they contacted me for an interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you set a goal and reached it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult challenge.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your biggest failure, and what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    • Write a function to find the total number of each characters in a given string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was greeted quite friendly by the hiring manager, who explained the company to me briefly, as well as the interview process. I then took part in three separate interviews by three different groups, each lasting roughly 30 minutes. Each once went over my resume and asked me detailed questions about my skills and experiences, and sometimes challenged me to solve some sample problems. I received the results of my interview within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a negative group experience in development, and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (College Park, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university recruiting website with only my resume, and had a single behavioral on-campus interview. After about a month I got a call from a recruiter with my offer.

I asked to see the terms and conditions of the offer and was told: "Unfortunately we do not send an official letter or the link to agree to our offer terms until a candidate has accepted the offer."

Interview Questions

• What are the four concepts of object-oriented programming?   Answer Question

The recruiter refused to send me the terms and conditions before I accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA) in June 2018.

Interview

Took too long and it was very slow. Did not hear back for a while. Easy interview overall. HR screen followed by phone screen followed by an onsite interview. Interviewed with three different people.

Interview Questions

• Data structures/algorithms questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview in a week.

The recruiters were fine, but the interviewers are awful.

They asked basic Java OOP questions, but kept cutting me short of my answers, as well as asking to use their examples, where they kept rejecting every answer I gave. They were very bad at clarifying what they were trying to ask for and kept saying "no." They had an attitude when talking as well.

The interview felt like it was rigged against me. I'm glad I didn't get to continue, since I would definitely not want to work with the interviewers.